My poor experience with Fiverr

tlmak0

Hi,

I will try to explain what my experience was with fiverr.

First, I had a good experience 2 months ago with a boy that created a logo for me, not perfect but a good start.

After this, I tried to buy another logo. In this case, it was very poor, bad designed, so the seller refunded me the money.

At the end I will go to a professional company to end the project (time lost).

Then I needed a wordpress page. I had the psd, so I have try to search a seller to pass my psd to wordpress.

All sellers says on his gigs “I will convert your psd to worpress for $5”, but after speak with each, no one do this for less than 20$ per psd (without look at the psds), so this message is incorrect.

At the end, I spent 100$ for my work (good price anyway). But the final quality was not so good, and the seller don’t want to spent more effort on the project.

I was split this project in 4 gigs as the seller said, so at the end:

• the project has not good quality
  • the seller wins 4 more buyers
  • the seller wins 100$ more or less
  • It delivered a prerelease after 2 days, so the project was closed automatically in day 5. So his profile says 5 days on average. But the project still not ended.
  • I’m unable to rate project and seller because the projects are closed (but not ended).
  • In the resolution center tab there is no option to resolve the issue.

I’m sure that there are people in fiverr releasing good work, but I think there are much more working bad.

I think that Fiverr should change how they control his community. I will never suggest (again) nobody to use fiverr.

Thanks,

Hugo

Hugo, I am sorry to hear that you’ve had a bad experience 😦 For what it is worth, I am a 15 year veteran in the freelance world. Paid journalist, editor, and book author, as well. Because I am a professional writer, I deliver a higher quality than others. That said, I agree that not all sellers here on fiverr produce top quality work. (Many of my buyers tell me that they’ve previously had bad experiences.) Unfortunately, there are no qualifications or screenings here, as with other sites. Anyone can sign up and start selling, with no proven track record. There are, however, many excellent sellers in all categories, who are doing excellent work for an affordable price. I wonder if you can write off the $100 as a business loss? I do that, when the opposite happens and buyers bow out and do not keep their end of the commitment. Just a thought. Best of luck to you.

tlmak0 said: First, I had a good experience 2 months ago with a boy that created a logo for me, not perfect but a good start.

After this, I tried to buy another logo. In this case, it was very poor, bad designed, so the seller refunded me the money.

At the end I will go to a professional company to end the project (time lost).

What on earth were you expecting spending $5 here? If you want things to be done the right way, then its obvious you will have to spend more money and its not here where you will get quality work.

Seriously, don't ever show yourself here. Not all sellers are bad. You simply didn't choose wisely.

First, good to see that there are people interested on make that the things work.

Second, I have paid for what the sellers says they sell. I know that 5$ is too little for any work, but this is fiverr, no? I’m talking about quality not about quantity. You can offer less work with great quality, instead of offer more work with no quality.

What I’m claiming is a better control over that the sellers offer, a better way to understand how he will work, and better tools to push the seller to make the things well.

In support page says:

Sellers can offer a Mutual Cancellation after an order is marked as complete up to 14 days after that time period (during the revenue funds clearance time)

But I’m unable to cancel any order, could be a problem with the fiverr page?

Anyway, thanks to everyone.

Archived