Notice for buyers - new fee. Please read

itsyourthing

• 1 month later...

Thanks @itsyourthing for pointing it out. A lot of buyers think that we sellers get more… but we don’t.

The fact is that Fiverr will probably not change a thing. When and if buyers all start to leave the site they may take a look. But it would take a LOT of people to leave.

This forum we all communicate on makes up very little of the actual site traffic Fiverr get’s. Like 1%.

Most people who buy on Fiverr never even visit the forum or know it’s here.

So the people who make up most of the Fiverr sales think it’s normal and will thus not care or complain.

We Forum members are a minority. We consist of sellers mainly and buyers that have been with the site forever. You figure there’s what… 50 of us that post regularly? Fiverr get’s millions of visitors. You do the math. LOL

What’s even worse? If for some reason Fiverr did take notice and enough people left… by then it would probably be to late. The buyers would already be gone for good.

bigbadbilly said: We Forum members are a minority. We consist of sellers mainly and buyers that have been with the site forever. You figure there's what... 50 of us that post regularly? Fiverr get's millions of visitors. You do the math. LOL
You left out the one-hit-wonders. The sellers who have made two dozen smooth sales and then all of a sudden they get that buyer and run to the forum in a frenzy to ask the old-timers to explain this new kind of crazy: "The buyer never left instructions!?!?!?!". And of course the noobuyer: "I clicked order, but nothing happened - where is my logo?!!?!" :)

Fiverr is a fickle mistress.

• 2 weeks later...
timothythompson said: I spend three hours on it. $5.00 - 20 percent I get $4.00. That is less than $2.00 per hour. That would be against the law if I hired a full time employer in the USA. Something to ponder now that I pissed off fiverr.
This is a freelance agency - they are entitled to charge what they want as a commission. Sellers are under no obligation to use the service. If a seller is spending more time on a gig that they feel the money is worth, it is their responsibility to adjust their gig so that they earn what they feel the work warrants.

It would be lovely in everyone in the world earned good money for easy work, but each individual is responsible for what they choose to offer and where.

P.S. The lord doesn't ask for 10%, the church does. ;)

Archived