Sellers Deliver in Last Minutes?

originalh

Reply to @musiclover: Yes…Exactly what I was trying to say… 🙂

Buyers have to deal with it…If they want the work rushed then they can order Gig extras for that…paying is easy…Doing the job is the part where serious attention needs…and that is where sellers have to deal with…best work for the price…

Sometimes Buyers are there, they make sellers work but at the end they want refund…where’s the price for the time wasted and the effort of trying?

but some buyers are so negotiable and understanding…and they become regular customers also…

All of us must have a look at the delivery time set by logo_business! fiverr.com/logo_business

and the number of orders he has and the rating that he maintains. To everyone’s surprise he has perhaps the largest number of orders in queue at any given time! I mean , people really wait for that long? What would be his situation when many buyers opt for express delivery! 😃

I aim to deliver as soon as possible, I have some express gigs as well as gigs with 3 days delivery often than not if I am last minute in delivering a gig it is for the following reasons; I have a full time job and depending on my workload dictates on how quickly I can complete a gig, the other reason and this is annoying as a seller, I often get the wrong information from the buyer, example: Ad less than 140 characters to be posted on Twitter = I get a page of text., Link (3 Words Only) = I get a full paragraph.

I know that my 3 day gig is usually about 1 or 2 hours work for me, I try not to procrastinate but I do have to fit the 2 hours in what is already a 70 hour week for me.

I think Fiverr should offer a Gig Extension button, where a seller can request extra time without this negating on the sellers account (As long as both parties agree)

Thats my thoughts on the subject, must dash, I have gigs to do 🙂

I have only ever ordered 2 gigs, the first was brilliant but the 2nd has been a very annoying and frustrating experience. The seller claimed to be a graphic designer so I expected a similar experience to the first one I had. This 2nd seller didn’t ask any questions, and because I’m not a graphic designer, I didn’t know what they wanted so I sent information about colours I like and a logo to use, a photo of myself that I wanted on it. At the last minute, they delivered a gig that was not suitable. The annoying thing is that at no time did I get communication about what their ideas were. The gig came back and was just a picture they’d found on google images - I’d found the same one when I searched for ideas myself and hated it. The photo of me was nowhere to be seen and it was in colours that I hadn’t specified!

Now the gig has been ‘completed’ - I don’t know why when I didn’t think it was. How are gigs set to ‘completed’? Does the seller do this?

I don’t know what to do now, I paid extra to get .psd file. I haven’t got anything that’s suitable and I can’t seem to be able to communicate with the seller anymore about the gig.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Guest sandra4service

hi

continue to communicate with the seller, until you are satisfied. make him know that you have the option of leaving a negative remark or cancelling the order.

Reply to @jennyf: Gigs automatically complete after three days if the buyer doesn’t accept or reject it. If it wasn’t what you were expecting and you have tried to contact the seller, contact Customer Support about it and they will be able to help.

If you aren’t happy with a purchase, you have the option to reject the delivered order so the seller can make amendments and deliver again.

I agree with probably everyone who answered you.

No buyer should have a problem unless the delivery is late.

I have a video testimonial gig and I always seem to be spending time at other places for days so I make sure to set my delivery time to allow me enough time to be back at home where I have my real setup. I’ll often change it if nothing is in the queue to reflect the time I’ll be away.

That is only one reason I can take 4 days to complete a 30-60 video testimonial.

Does it really take me 4 days? No … sometimes 5 minutes… sometimes 40 minutes for one testimonial.

Sometimes I can’t record all day cause the place I live in can be very noisy ALL DAY. If it’s raining … can’t record…

To sum it up , there are PLENTY of reasons buyers set a higher than expected delivery time.

Try to remember this - Plenty of sellers are selling their services as much cheaper rates here. You are getting this service for almost nothing , the least you can do is accept the long delivery time or take them up on their offer for rush delivery because only then will you be paying the buyer at least a decent amount for their service. (most of the time) Even when you pay $20 for rush deliver , the seller only gets $16 by the way.

I understand your frustration and yes sometimes this may be very agonizing to wait till the last moment. But as a buyer when you have clicked on the ‘Order’ button you have agreed to wait for the stated delivery period. If you think the seller is taking way too long, then try to send message to the seller, try to communicate, or if you are hurry and want to make sure that the seller is in a state to deliver your order shortly then send message to seller shortly.

It depends on the buyers requirements… in my gigs sometimes they can be more complicated and do take that extra time and sometimes i can delver way early. don’t forget some sellers have other commitments and put the delivery time there for a reason as the post above you agree to time so why get mad they have still delivered on time

Well I haven’t been at this long but I had to extend my gig from 2 to 4 days because I found the pressure of a 2 day turnaround was really impacting on my life. I work full time as well as using fiverr because I’m still a newbie and my gig is fairly niche so I don’t know if it’ll ever be a full time income, it’s supplemental.

Whenever possible I sit down at the end of the work day and do all the orders I got that day. I try to deliver within 24 hours but the fact is working a minimum wage job with 2hrs commuting time on top of that means that some days I just won’t be capable of recording.

I don’t deliver late and if you order from me you know it can take up to 4 days. I don’t want to deliver poor quality work and if I were to try to get stuff done on a bad day that’s what I’d be giving. I don’t offer rush orders because it’s not something I would be capable of doing. I have other responsibilities and neglecting them would mean losing my job. I don’t think it’s fair to complain when something was delivered on time to be honest.

Ok, I put my hand up, I am one of those sellers who consistently delivers juuussstttt before time runs out.

I have a delivery time for 3 days for most of my gigs. That is because I have whole days where I can’t do any work because of other commitments, so if I am not able to do it the day it comes in, I need that safety margin.

Also, the fact that there is the option to have the gigs done sooner for a price, inflates this because sellers are more likely to have longer lead times and then have a price for reducing it.

As a seller, it annoys me more that buyers don’t look at the actual delivery time for the gig.

Yes we are in Jetage where everyone is after instant gratification(s).

But does that rule out agreements on time oriented deliveries?

Never!

Whatever I promised in my Gig description as to time is still officially covered by the Main Official delivery duration I submitted when posting my Gig.

Rome was not build in a day.

Learn to be patient.

• 10 months later...

Hi

I agree with all who said that the quality of the delivery is what matters most. To not be late and deliver after the deadline is what is important.

Also, as a buyer myself, as I am not only a seller here, I am aware that lots of people here work in a full time job and fiverr is the extra interesting thing in their lives 🙂 And that is what I do too.

But anyway, I always try to deliver asap 🙂 Want to keep them all happy if I can.

I am a buyer and a seller here. If I need something quickly, I go for express delivery. Sometimes I deliver gigs to customers a few hours before they are due. I never miss the deadline though. I do not work on Fiverr full time, as I have two other businesses outside of Fiverr and kids. Therefore, sometimes it is not possible for me to deliver a customer’s gig the same day due to other obligations. When a customer purchases I feel as though if they need it quick they need to order express delivery or same day delivery so I will make it a high priority above my other work. Just because someone only has three things to do on Fiverr, it does not mean that they do not have other work to do outside of Fiverr that has to be done first. Bottom line when ordering you see their turnaround time if it is too long of a wait pay more to have it delivered faster.

Archived