How to scam Fiverr Gigs (ALERT FOR SELLERS!)

magoox

Hi guys! I never post it here before, but I think this is very important for sellers to know.

I do mobile advertising on fiverr, developer comes to me and I get them traffic for their apps.

CASE: A several days ago the buyer (xxxxx) starting rejecting my order. The reason was that “his google play account” got a warning from Google. I told him that is impossible because we work with real users. He still rejected my order.

Looking on my several daily orders, I’ve noticed that I got several other buyers promoting the EXACTLY same app, and among them (I guess resellers of my services) was the owner of the app; I’ve finished his order and he was happy and no complain at all (this was AFTER all this situation).

I tried to get back to buyer, and he changed the reason to “I didn’t get a prompt response from you”, to “You’re dangerous and your company is not in the US” and later on to “You never completed the order”. He rejected 1 time, 2, 3, 4… 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 times… and counting (he still rejecting my order).

What I found out is that he is doing this until the time limit go off so he can cancel and get the order for FREE.

I’m still pending on this and the clock will ends in few hours. Custumer support wont get on the middle of this.

Is this a way to scam fiverr? Can I do the same to other sellers and reject until the times goes out and get it for free?

TO BE CONTINUED.

Sheriff’s note: calling out other users is not allowed, sorry.

I think in this case, that is the scam when this buyer want to a discount for your artwork. I had meet a client like that before. You should be reply for him, tell him you and him will protected by Service Center of Fiverr, and in this case, you will discount for him 40-50% cost of artwork, you hope him can tell you his opinion to modify his request, and that order can complete to get a happy end for both of you and him.

Sometimes we can meet some bad buyers, I think that try to make you tired, stress for future of your gig with the bad review/thumb down to have a discount or free for this artwork. Good luck my friend!

Luckily we have come up with a system to prevent being scammed with our gigs. I’m sure there is one for everyone else as well if you think hard enough. I’m going to start giving considerations to others. However, for those that have gigs like any of ours we keep it really simple. If they try that with our audio gig, we own the station we just pull the drop. If its with a logo I have water marked content, and the original work get a tracking label showing I own it and have not released it, when it read with a reader, I wont do the release on the mark until the deal is finalized, I’ll release the art, then if all goes well I’ll release the mark to the client. If it goes badly, I simply contact the provider where the content is hosted, and give mark id and reader site, and they will pull the persons content until they remove the art work. Also, its good to use a service like we have for the tagging and marking of art digitally, so you can find where its being used anywhere online, with over 80% accuracy. Anyways, as for other stuff, I’m going to give it some thought, if I come up with something I’ll post about it.

Lets say you had a store front in your local town. Someone walks in and steals from your store. Do you think the best way to handle that is to go to another store and steal from them?

It is scam and you are not alone. It is happening a lot. We all are keeping our fingers crossed that Fiverr comes up with a solution but until then, everyone will have to do what they would if they owned their own store front. For me, I report it to the Fiverr police and move on.

I’m glad to read that I’m not alone. This is just crazy. Unfortunately there are people out there that do this.

The guy finally gave up and it seems fiverr Trust & Safety team is working on it.

Thanks y’all for the tips!

Archived