GPS/GSM software integration

barryomniscout

Hi, I’m a newby on here and I hope somebody can shed some light on my query.

We have GPS/GSM tracking devices in the field that are supported/hosted by a 3rd party. The 3rd party is in the process of shutting down old technology (ours).

Our products communicate via Instant Messaging with customised XMPP server, customised Communications server and this all allows a user to view/control/monitor the tracking devices on a proprietary web / mapping server.

We need to be able to get control of our products in the field before the 3 party shuts down the old technology.

We have devices and configurators software and firmware but none of the customized code for the servers or access to the device protocols either.

The devices can, however, communicate (2way) over SMS independent of all of the architecture above.

We need to be able to get the following information to display in a more flexible format in order to integrate it into a different WEb server software (GPSGATE for reference).

Battery Status

Tracking Points every 15 seconds (if a geofence or power disconnect or Panic occurrs)

Geofence Enter/Exit

Power Connect/Disconnect

Panic Button/Security Alert

What is the best way to go about this?

Also, are there any developers on here with the expertise to complete this project?

I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thank you.

Archived