Seller asking for more money

monimonimoni

Hi! Not sure where this should go so I put it in Chit Chat. So I’ve ordered a few things here on fiverr and not all of them have been $5. Sometimes in the description the seller will say (for a logo for instance) that adding this is another gig for $5 or doing that is another gig for $5 and so on. I’d be happy to pay the extra if it’s in the description and that way I can decide if I want to add on or not.

So I just ordered a logo and just got a reply from the seller and he said:

"hi,i can do this work. but 5$ is not enough. could you please buy 10$. is it okay to you?

regards."

So why not say that in the gig? I don’t understand why this person is charging $5 but then hasn’t even started anything and wants $10. Any suggestions or should I just cancel? Like I said I want the option to choose to pay more than $5 and then let me decide. I feel like it’s false advertising on his part to ask after someone orders.

Thanks much!

Was it a new seller? Some sellers, especially inexperienced here and those who don’t speak English well, don’t know how to formulate their gig descriptions properly.

In the future, you can try contacting sellers before you order, tell them exactly what you need, and ask them for the price. That way there shouldn’t be surprises.

It’s the seller’s fault if he or she doesn’t state clearly how and how much buyer should order in the gig description. And you have the right to request mutual cancelation if the seller is asking more than what the gig description states.

I agree with @catwriter that contacting the seller beforehand surely helps. Not only can you make sure you’re paying the right amount, but also observe whether the buyer has a friendly communication with you.

On the seller’s side, I myself ask every buyer to message me beforehand, to ensure that they place the order correctly. Sometimes I’ll encounter some sellers directly placing $5 order for a more complicated work to be done, seemingly overlooking the details listed in my gig description. I’ll politely explain and ask them to top up the price or launch a mutual cancelation request.

Archived