No charge to send your money to charity

aceless

Hello Fiverr and all people who might want to do some charity work.

Today I heard on the local news radio that the United Nations fund for helping refugees is empty. There are 1.5 milion people in Syria that will not longer receive food from 1st December 2014 (now). The UN needs 50 Million Euro to continue… If there are 64 million people who are willing to donate just 1$, they can go on.

Proposal for Fiverr: add an option to send the fee of 5$ to charity after delivering the gig. And if anyone wants to send his earned 5$ to charity (or multiple value of gigs), do not charge 1$ from the transaction.

I hope this would be possible, I am not someone who is giving to charities all the time, but now we should act.

Kr Alex

I don’t see this happening. Fiverr is about buyers finding affordable services from gig sellers. It’s a commercial transaction site for freelancers. If a seller wants to donate their earnings to a charity, that is their choice, and they can easily do so by going directly to the charity’s official website. 😉

Thank you for your comment. I believe that a company like Fiverr should think about ht ethics. It’s not ethical to take money on charity transactions.

What you sugest is not “directly”, you would be able to send 4$ on a 5$ performance.

Kr, Alex

Reply to @aceless:

Fiverr keeps a percentage of ALL gig income, no matter what the gig service might have been. They do not concern themselves with whether a gig is a for-profit service, or a charity collection campaign. For them, profit is profit, and there’s nothing wrong with that. If you choose to set up a gig that sells something for $5, and you choose to give your $4 profit to charity, that’s entirely up to you. Fiverr still deserves it’s $1 profit from that gig sale. This is their site afterall. 🙂

Reply to @aceless: Fiverr has previously run gigs solely for charity, such as for the ALS foundation and to raise funds for the treatment of breast cancer. They waived their commission on both of these gigs.

As @jonbaas said, fiverr isn’t a charitable organisation, it’s a for-profit business. Buyers are here to get things done on the cheap, with limited budgets, so the idea of donating ‘spare money’ wouldn’t link in well here.

Archived