Fiverr survey -- not sure if legit!

meanymouse

I was recently contacted by a guy named Greg Bibliowicz, email fiverrresearch @ gmail.com (no spaces, obviously) and Fiverr.survey@fiverr.com (so it seemed legit) and was asked to do an interview/survey on s***e on my purchases with Fiverr and how to better improve certain aspects of it. I was told that I would be credited $25 to my fiverr account for my time and participation.

I contacted Greg later tonight asking when I would receive the credit, but haven’t heard back from him and am worried now that it may have not been legitimate. Do any you have any knowledge of this or him? And if so, do you know how long it takes for my account to be credited?

Every time I try to contact Fiverr support about the issue, I get a page saying they’re sending me an email to confirm my support ticket but I never get the email, and I’ve tried twice.

Someone help!

fiverr will not send you an e-mail from a gmail account that’s for sure. Any messages will come from a fiverr address and any messages that are inboxed on fiverr will have a fiverr ldentifier attached (logo). Fiverr have hammered this home to stop people getting duped so this is suspect to say the least.

Yes, I understand that. But didn’t think it was suspicious since I was originally contacted from Fiverr directly regarding the survey (Fiverr.survey@fiverr.com) and then once I responded to them saying I was interested, I was contacted by Greg at the separate email (fiverrresearch @ gmail.com)

So I’m not sure what’s going on. Anyone else have a similar thing happen?

I’m guessing participating would involve logging in to a fake site, or being asked to share your details over a s***e chat. I could be wrong, it just seems as though that’s what its angle is.

Personally, the fact it’s from a Gmail account would make me delete it.

We did our interview over s***e. He didn’t ask for any of my personal information or any Fiverr log in information, nor did he have me click on any links, so I don’t think it was a phishing scam.

I definitely wouldn’t have even responded in the first place if it just had been the gmail email, but instead did respond because it came directly from Fiverr the first email, as you can see in the photo I attached earlier. Greg only came in to play after I had responded to the legitimate Fiverr email, and that’s when the email was a gmail address.

I finally was able to get through to Fiverr support. They told me that they’re going to check and see if I was on the list of people that they contacted for surveys. So maybe it is legit, but I will keep people posted as to what happens.

Archived