Fees and Custom Sales

fonthaunt

I’m posting this in the Tips category since I would think others might find the answers a “tip” but if the forum regulars want me to edit this to another category, let me know.

The processing fee so far doesn’t apply to purchases made with Fiverr revenues which I have seen for myself and makes sense. (It also appears that it doesn’t apply to Fiverr credit of other types but I can’t confirm that one.)

Does anyone know if so far, the fee applies to custom quotes or Fiverr Anywhere links? If it does not, that gives sellers an avenue to boost those type of sales although they also won’t get displayed reviews which is a trade-off but maybe worth it.

Maddie “FontHaunt”

I ordered a gig this morning, I got the message that I would be charged .50 - okay, I accepted - but you may be correct… since I used Fiverr funds, I was not charged? As far as I can see, only $5 was deducted from my revenues.

Fiverr admins really should clear this up. It’s less of an issue if it’s managed this way… I can see the need for a fee of .50 if you use your Paypal account for every freaking order…

Yep, so far this is all accurate. I have tried it myself from revenues and there is no fee. I sent a custom quote to @mrproofreading and the processing fee was there as usual. It was worth a try since there are advantages and disadvantages to custom quotes.

I am still not sure about Fiverr Anywhere since it is pretty new. If anyone knows (or has even completed a successful transaction) with Fiverr Anywhere, I would love to know.

Well, thanks to continued “beta” testing with @mrproofreading, we learned a couple of things about Fiverr Anywhere in case there is another soul in the world trying use it. I used it with Chrome to create a link to sell 1 thing for $5 (it is customizable like Custom Quotes but I think available to all levels) and I sent that link to Mr. P. himself. He described it as taking him to a landing page he hadn’t seen, then upon clicking through, it displayed:

ORDER DETAILSQTY

A custom project 1 $5.00

Processing Fee$0.50

Total $5.50

So, bottom line, all custom options also charge the extra fee to buyers. In addition, the links generated by Fiverr Anywhere are clear on the fee which is good, but they offer the buyer little information about the service being offered so that could open some communication worm cans. =:) Hopefully all said, that is a tip for sellers though!

Archived