Buyer hasn't sent necessary file?

isolem

I have several gigs within the editing category. Because I edit, format, and consult on written pieces it is necessary for the buyer to send the file he/she needs worked on. Yesterday a gig was purchased, but the buyer sent no file. I sent the buyer a message requesting the file, but have yet to receive a response. I sent another this morning and still nothing. The clock is ticking down and I’d like to do the work for this customer, but I have no way of doing it without the file. I don’t want this to become a negative checkmark on my currently perfect record. What do I do?

I suggest initiating the mutual cancellation, and messaging the buyer both on the order page and in the cancellation request (message in the cancellation request sometimes doesn’t come through) that you’re sorry you initiated the cancellation, but can’t work on his file until he actually sends it, and that you’ll abort the cancellation as soon as he sends you the file (or some such message).

The cancellation request should reach him in his inbox. If he sends the file, great, you abort the cancellation (or he does) and work on it. If not, and the order is cancelled, at least you don’t get a negative rating for being late.

Good luck!

Thank you catwriter. I did end up sending the buyer several requests for the file, but the buyer didn’t respond to any of those requests. This morning, after still not having a response, I did send a request for cancellation, but I suspect that may go unanswered as well. I’m don’t really understand what happened here, but I feel a little helpless. I try my best to provide the absolute best service possible, but that’s hard in this case.

Archived