Sellers with False Claims

Guest biggz27

Guest biggz27

I see so many sellers adding countries that there not from. This is so unprofessional and you will not be trusted. Buyers will pick that up so fast. Sellers should be proud of their own country. The hustle does not come from a particular country, is within yourself. I know some countries have different language barriers and the writing is bad. Hire someone here to proofread, clearly a lot of people are just too lazy! So, to the new sellers stay away from these common mistakes.

Guest miketeller

There’s a lot of this going on here. I see a lot of fake photos, too. Stock photos being used as profile images. I’m not sure why people feel the need to misrepresent themselves here. And it’s surely obvious to most buyers. People will say they’re in the US and then use broken English in gig descriptions, use words that people in the US don’t use, etc.

The stock photos are obvious, too. They way too happy smiling models, perfectly photographed and lit, and a quick reverse image search shows that it’s from Getty, iStock, etc.

Between this stuff and the rampant misrepresentation of gig samples, using other people’s work as examples of work people do in gigs, and the general scammy-ness that seems to permeate Fiverr lately, I think the reputation of the company is really on the line if they don’t crack down on this stuff.

Archived