How many hours a day do you spend working on Fiverr?

socialsuperr

Reply to @socialsuperr: I’ve been self employed for 20 years and I haven’t punched a time clock in a long time. So I don’t really keep up with it and hate structure. The worst thing for me is to do the same thing each day or each week on a schedule.

Lately a Typical day, 7 days a week.

I start about 4:30ish every morning without an alarm clock

I usually work on Fiver messages and quotes from over night.

Revisions get priority everyday. Then I work on orders. My orders range from $25.00-$200.00 each. The way my offer is structured, less than 10% of my orders are for $5.00. They roughly bring in between $50.00-$100.00 per hour. But I really don’t clock each gig. I just work on it until I think it is right.

I break at 6:30am and I make my wife breakfast and see her off to work at 7pm

I go back to working on Fiverr until about 10am and take the dog out and usually get started on lunch.

Then Work on Fiverr from 11ish to 1:30pm

My wife gets off around 2 and we usually go do something for 2 hours or so.

Then allittle more Fiverr.

Around 4pm I usually am ready to stop, but if things are still due, I will work til 10pm or longer. If I think I could get the work done tomorrow and it still be on schedule I will stop.

I had to turn off several gigs last week because I felt like all I was doing was returning emails and the pace was alittle more than I wanted.

I think lately, I’ve just wanted to do a couple of hundred dollars a day on Fiver. For me that is 3 or 4 jobs.

When I started on Fiverr I was about to focus on it all day long. I don’t have experience working with it part time but I’m sure it works well.

Reply to @socialsuperr: I do not worry about the time spent on a $5 gig… When I said 12+ that varies based on how many orders you get, it varies you could get weeks with almost none , you could get weeks with more than you can handle so you have to put more hours behind them to keep yourself at float… I do this as the main income… very dedicated to provide what I advertise… so it eats time.

What you should worry about is your rating… as in if you do not provide satisfaction and quality you will get bad reviews and at 98% you are starting to loose a lot of potential vendors.

Reply to @socialsuperr: I was happy with the traffic of orders at level 2. It definitely adds credibility. I was caught off guard when I got it. I was kind of thinking it would be at year 2. I just tried to offer the best experience for each customer. I still offer multiple adjustments on deliveries until the delivery is perfect for them.

Your voice over gig is great. Consider that you don’t have to scale your $5.00 offer. I started out thinking that way. Thinking if they ordered 100 words it would be $5.00 and if they ordered 500 words it would be $25.00. That doesn’t have to be the case. In a way, 500 words takes more than 5 time the time to make. There are consistency issue with getting everything to match during the recording process. Especially if it was 2500 words. Anything above 100 words (or the $5 offer) doesn’t have to be at the same rate. If you are asked about the cost you just need to be able to explain it. As your traffic increases you can increase your offer in your favor. At some point you could go to 50 words for $5.00. As long as you have a demand for your quality and service at the new rate. Providers on Fiverr act like they can’t afford to offer good service, but you can move your gig to a place where it is part of your offer. I think you are doing that and you are on the right track. Join the Fiverr Sellers group on Linkedin if you aren’t already there.

You need to offer a clear $5 gig offer. But you don’t have to spell out the add ons in the gig description. You can solicit for messages if their needs are different than the $5 order. With custom quoting, I don’t think you will need to have them build the price with gig extras. But right now, the samples and the reviews don’t post with the gig on a custom quote delivery.

@landongrace,

It seems that you’ve built an ideal life working for yourself. In 20 years you learn a lot and I’m happy to see that you gladly share what you’ve learned. I have a lot of respect for that.

So, thank you I guess 🙂

I’m at a humble beginning of my journey but hope to make it one day. I guess it’s just many mistakes along the way and hard work.

Keep up inspiring us.

Duke

Reply to @pictureduke: I would just like to encourage you. It is possible to make it work well. I have worked on Fiverr for about 13months. I saw good traction after working hard for about 4 months. I still work hard but after about 4 months the money and the gigs started working. 2 major goals: Over deliver and No negative feedback. After you do those 2 things for about 100 deliveries per gig. You can begin to scale the offer to generate more income. The levels really help to position yourself through the steps.

As others have stated it depends on the amount of orders, but the Fiverr app allows me to quickly be alerted of new messages. My routine usually consists of getting on and checking messages first thing in the morning so I can get everyone replied. Then checking over new buyer requests (which it currently says 103k requests and I get to see maybe 50 or so for the day, kind of a joke).

Then depending on the type of orders I’ll start working on them. Priority orders first (revisions, express delivery, orders due first, then new orders).

I do fiverr full time, that being said I work 12 hours than I stop for the day. I have this factored into my “days on average” quotas. The only time I work extra is for express gigs which I charge a heavy price for for my extra time.

-

favicon.icoFiverr.com Tyler_PRO_photo.JPG

tylerullery's public profile on Fiverr

Hello, my name is Tyler Ullery. I am an American with a wide array of skills that let me find creative solutions to any problem you have! I work full time on fiverr and answer all messages quickly, and deliver professional level work in everything I...

Archived