What makes gigs rank high in sub categories?

alw1nl

Can somebody explain this? I’m member since 1 month, 1 gig delivered with very satisfied customer, few days later I’m suddenly on top under Subcategory/Recommended. Now, 1 day and 2 very satisfied customers later some places down again. Are this staff picks or is it a system that I can unfluence myself even with only a few sales? Yesterday I cancelled 1 order because buyer was not able to communicate clearly what he needed and became annoying so i dumped him, is this also of any influence?

My gig reached the top of the recommended charts after gaining a few quick sales, so I’m sure that’s a part of it. I think they also rotate gigs to make sure everybody gets a chance to gain some exposure. I see some gigs top their categories despite having no feedback even after a couple of months of trading.

• In theory: fast delivery, high rating, returning buyers, promotion.

• In practice: BUGS (else nobody could explain why a a gig with a few reviews is listed in front of gigs with thousands of reviews, or why gigs from people with a low rating are listed in front of gigs of people with 100% positive rating, or why no relevant gigs are listed on TOP positions of most categories.)

Archived