If you advertise it for $5 . . . you must sell it for $5!

ginnymenges

The essence of FIverr is the Bait and switch! Lets cut the crap. Unless the buyers want to really want to deal with what a 4$ product will get you and for me that is a iPhone video filmed on a back screen of a $400 a month apartment that I split with three other guys. I am here to provide the product you can sell your buyer for upwards of a thousand dollars a minute, I get it if you have the buyer then I’m your guy for whatever demention product you have to sell.

Best

Willfirst

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @fonthaunt: If you got as many sales as I do, your statement would seem more comical to you, from here, and well everywhere, direct inbox work, and we dont even want to invlude real world offsite work, so I’m doubting your anywhere in the world of correct about my lil tiniwini flashy I carry wid me on the forums… 😉 I think you are just doing what a handful of you do, hall monitor and babble…Wait a minute I babble too…Hmm, oh well, we babble… 😉 cya!

Best Regards,

MichellTech (Rob)

Best In The Business!

Come’on, Buy A Gig Already! You Know You Want Too…!

Reply to @ginnymenges: Priorities all mixed up… lol…Its Comical isn’t it hun? I love it, hater’s, I dont hate them, I welcome them. It works out for me… 😉 Dont get them at you over me and my stuff, its unfair to you, I can handle this lot… lol, But thank you soo much for the support and the common since! These hall monitor types are like, well their middle and high school yrs werent pleasant, this is pay back, lol… Much love to all, you stay strong and thx again Ginny!

Best Regards,

MichellTech (Rob)

Best In The Business!

In sales there is something called a “loss leader”. This is where something is for sell under price to grab attention. The difference between a loss leader and a bait and switch is that the loss leader item is really for sale (usually with quantities limited). The idea behind the loss leader is to use this item to grab attention and then using your advertising message to up-sell to a profit item because it is so much bigger and better.

Fiverr was not designed to be a Bait and Switch process because that is not legal.

Reply to @michelltech:

LMAO! I think you nailed it! I will remember that. I created a serious post because knew Fiverr was not explaining this to folks. I know I came off strong but I have long stopped trying to sugar coat things for people. Be all put our big boys and big girls pants on this morning and most people want the facts, not a lot of fluff. Then I started scratching my head at all the “haters”. Now the word “trolls” is coming to mind and I think from now on I’m just going to address the serious comments, not the baiters, haters, and trolls. I guess they are there in all forums, I just really wasn’t expecting them here. But thanks for making me smile!

Reply to @ginnymenges: Ginny leave these hall monitors crying about no gigs, the forum rules, and me,… to me…You don’t need the additional hassle, I on the other hand, function on the Jack-ass freq 50% of the time, so my wife says, so I can communicate their language better perhaps… 😉 But no really, I will say this on your $5 topic hun, I do have $5 gigs, that are just they order and bam, $5, but more my gigs are $5 platforms that arent worth much without the extras, I make that clear, my buyers like that im open about everything, its the upsale process that makes micro…And I totally agree some of the seller put some wild titles and dont offer anywhere near what they say, or are complete scams. BUT…we have to read between the lines…$5 gigs, are or should be, for the seller, simple, ez, 5 minute, big bang boom, deals, if its not big bang booom for me, i point ot the extra, however 75% of the work I do now is inbox and ref, which is tons, and the page gig title find work is maybe 10 a day if that, so its different for everyone, the skill set, talent, and focus, but in regards to legal and $5, I think its a matter that has to be seen in two ways, yeah you gotta do something for 5 bucks, it dont have to be much…and it certain wont be what the title say 100% all the time, either way, when I browse to buy, I automatically assume, $5 to platform the id in the title, extras to get it done well or to a decent standard…BRB

Best Regards,

MichellTech (Rob)

Best In The Business!

Reply to @fastcopywriter: Not a totally true statement, but it is true the fty and inet based business functions under a special and involved rule set that is different from the norm.

Best Regards,

MichellTech (Rob)

Best In The Business!

Reply to @emasonwrites: Its probably a good thing I don’t look to random people on this forum, that I don’t know, to determine useful or not useful. I went from 0 to tsr range sale numbers, in under 20/25 days and well, I think my methods, are useful, to…well to me…and those that end up working with me…However, my tiniwini flashy, isnt for that purpose… 😉

Best Regards,

MichellTech (Rob)

Best In The Business!

Reply to @catwriter: Our charities are loving the fact we are doing fiverr, thats where our earings go from fiverr, my aveage gig is about $65, so we arent complaining, especially my wife and her zen leaders, the amount of work I get through fiverr, makes me have to reschedule my activities. So, we aren’t hurting for buyers, lol, ever… my tiniwini flashy, is a rep of willingness primarily, and whose pure to the activity, and not hall monitors or people overtly upset about something see that…

Best Regards,

MichellTech (Rob)

Best In The Business!

Reply to @fonthaunt: LOL perception isn’t something I really care about. Better than in your case, or best in, in mine, as an opinion. LOL So when I say Best int he Business, do you really think that I even think I am the best? LOL There is always someone better… 😉 Its the visibility of greatness, the fight for the client, the strength in the sale, and the attention to detail and focus on client needs which lean individuals to say, yeah he is the best, or no he isnt… lol You wouldn’t understand… 😉 I don’t fault you for it…The types of things you hall monitors say comes from a deep place in you, you can’t control yourselves…You have to be the way you are… Please continue to do so, the 5 people that like you hope you do anyway… 😉

Best Regards,

MichellTech (Rob)

Best In The Business!

Reply to @ginnymenges: given that I’m not American and I don’t know anything about US laws, I’d like to share my thoughts on this.

Technically I’m not selling anything to Fiverr buyers: a buyer placing the order pays Fiverr, not me; and when the order si complete and 14 days are passed, Fiverr is giving me the money, not the buyer.

So I think (I repeat, I think) the contract is between Fiverr and the buyer and between Fiverr and the seller.

As a seller I must honour Fiverr TOS (I always did it), even if from your POV some of my gigs could have a misleading title… but no buyer (luckily) ever complained about this with me.

Reply to @michelltech: When I said “useful,” in regards to your signature, I meant that they don’t do anything that our linked usernames don’t already do. I don’t see their utility. If you do, awesome. I’m pretty sure I didn’t say anything offensive about you or your marketing methods. No need to be rude and call us jack asses just because we have differing opinions and feel like we get to voice them, too.

After going through hell with the expectations from buyers and the way fiverr has made it harder with buyer requests to be more clear and, that includes the overall cost of doing certain task. I choose to disagree with OP. I leave things at that. No offense OP.

On sidenote I just want to say that -

I worked on 500$ project for which I charged 20$ because fiverr extra had that much cost and customer tortured me till the end to get it done on the basis of all sort of arguments and threats. It is my mistake because I should be very clear on what to do on deliverable but we have character limitation and also we can’t piss off sellers by giving too many disclaimers. My mistake, I had to play by platform.

I also worked for free on many projects just because customer wanted to threaten me with negative review. One customer from Middle east gave me task, got website work done from me and then never returned on the gig, leaving my gig in LATE. I closed the gig and he returned after 1 year to leave negative review for the live website work which was done just fine.

There are many bad buyers out there especially from warrior forum and other places who have no ethics and sanity. Many of them just get the work done and leave people hanging no communication, or even review. No wonder a lot of buyers rant about sellers not being genuine and authentic from certain nationals. How come anyone will remain genuine for long if they get ditched in this business because they quoted low or because they are from third world country or from country with dying economy.

Many buyers also have any trust because their bad experience with asians or Romanians and some contract workers don’t remain with them for long. If that is the case, then why not break your work into small chunks and then come to fiverr to get it done, you’ll have lesser damage if anyone leaves. And you don’t have to maintain paranoia and there wont be trust issue regardless of sellers country origin. You get work done and you move on. So is seller happy with that part of the task.

I am done with this now. I am being selective with the customers from here onwards. I need money but that doesn’t mean I have go through mental prostitution just for the sake of keeping myself in the market.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. It’s just that my personal life frustration, debt and finances are killing me and had to rant for things that I see are going wrong to get things off the chest.

Have a good week, guys. Back to work for me.

Reply to @ginnymenges: Worthless being judged by whether or not this discussion adds value to anyone’s life. This doesn’t because as i mentioned this is not something that can be addressed within the nature and context of Fiverr gigs. Indeed after reading through a page of comments i could feel my life being wasted away and not benefited in any way by this discussion.

Number of views and comments don’t really signify worthiness because i could create a similar discussion designed to “stir the pot” then call it a worthy piece. It’s the same “sensationalist” tactic used by websites whose content is really non-contributory in any way beyond whiling away your time. Now if your discussion actually helped Fiverr sellers sell more or be more productive, then maybe i’d be impressed. I much prefer to interact with buyers or sellers whose viewpoints encourage, provoke thought or help others to become better

Reply to @lilianarice: I agree. She threatens sellers, she’s has been rude to most on this thread, has a " Miss know it all – my way or no way mentality", and thinks that everything she says is right on. She also makes statements that can’t be proven, in other words, we have to take her word for it. One minute she wants us to think she is a SQL guru by mentioning uploading data and the next she wants to play Miss innocent saying she wasn’t aware of a rookie routine of the browser refresh button.

Saying the description doesn’t carry as much weight as the title isn’t accurate. Who says so? Wait, here comes some legal words that doesn’t have any merit here on fiverr. If 1% of anything she said was true, 99% of the ads on the net, tv, etc, would be in court.

I will give her this. She is a slick talker but I doubt it will change one word or practice here on Fiverr. But it is entertaining to see her ramble on. It’s like a car accident – you don’t want to look, but you can’t help yourself.

From all the comments, I wonder how many are hers?

Hello, I’m new to forum and was reading all the posts and am very impressed with the dialogues here. @ginnymenges @kjblynx, great posts. I agree with you Ginny but in many sellers defense English is NOT their first language and they’re struggling to interpret what we are requiring. Sad to say I look for those in U.K, or United States or other English speaking countries. I am having a huge issue with one who said U.K but he it seems as though he doesn’t understand what I am saying. I paid $150 for a website redesign so I’m not stingy with my money lol but he totally screwed up my site and it’s been almost 2 weeks. I contacted him BEFORE payment to tell him my requirements and was very detailed and specific in what I wanted. Still messed up and he was doing website live. All very very frustrating, I asked him to cancel my gig and he says just give him a website link and he will fix it. Just an awful experience but then I’ve had many great experiences as well. I’m still out $150 though 😦

Reply to @ginnymenges:

I am very aware of what are you trying to do. But why take preference of the US law since Fiverr is also based in Tel Aviv, Israel. What if the Consumer Protection Law in Israel overlaps US law at some points, why should I take the US side?

I’m just saying this whole thing is abstract. Fiverr is international Ltd company and these are following the International Consumer Protection Law acknowledged by the FTC.gov

I believe is called the Web Safe Law. With a proper research you can get more info. As for unethical sellers, trust me that fiverr removes them immediately.

Archived