Huge Drop in Sales Past Days with Processing Fee

synergeticcorp

As a steady buyer (up to 10 gigs a week) the processing fee is certainly causing me to think twice… especially when considering the increased cost of add-ons. I buy on budget which means same amount spent for fewer gigs. Also betting that increase in revenue (lack of processing loss) isn’t getting passed along to sellers.

I know, as a buyer as well who used to throw money around on different gigs for something that seems interesting, I’m going to stop spending my money on useless gigs I don’t need or used to buy for people to just do random stuffs for amusement, per say.

So I can relate; this new processing is affecting everybody, buyers and sellers, like a snowball catalyst effect. I’m going to limit the amount of gig extras I order and tips I give to sellers.

I was wondering why my sales had gone down the past few days. Correlation is not always causation but this does make me wonder! It will make it especially hard for new sellers, I would assume, who have no levels or reviews to draw clients in despite the new fee.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve stopped buying. I’m a level 2 seller and I usually buy as much as I sell. This .50 cent processing fee is just wrong on so many levels. What processing are they doing that costs 50 cents? None. It’s just a way for them to say “We still sell things at 5 dollars… well sorta”. Screw that, any company who is dishonest should be boycotted.

The board member who suggested this should be fired. 20% is enough on every gig sold. Asking for 30% after building a brand on 20% is just greedy.

Screw fiverr. Go to SEO Clerks or ANY OTHER marketplace. Please keep your names the same on the other networks, I will google you and continue to buy from the same sellers.

I’ve actually seen an upsurge of orders compared to last month. In fact, more people are actually messaging me and whatnot. Yes, after Fiverr 3.0 came out, there were practically no orders coming in other than repeat buyers. However, even after this 50 cent surcharge, I have seen more people buying my service - new and old. I would have thought November would be the same as October in terms of sales especially with the added charge.

Absolutely! As a buyer who would prefer to buy in bulk (10-20 orders per person), I plan on closing my account shortly and going to competitor’s sites. The whole point of this site is to find things affordable.

November is nanimonth or whatever it’s called where people focusing on getting huge projects done but I certainly feel that there are enough fees. Paypal charges fees, fiver charges fees for the seller and now the buyer? Enough is enough! Too many other sites to keep using this one

Ok don’t call me a judas but I think it’s actually not as bad as what I thought. See, I decided to buy 10 and 12 orders at once and the processing fee was only 1.00. While I’m not happy with a fee at all, what I’ve realized is that it’s more of a penalty if you’re only buying 1 gig. The more gigs you buy the lower or more insignificant the fee amount is. This might be good for sellers that do writing or editing services that require a lot of gigs. But for quick fixes, I can see this being a problem. As a seler, perhaps explaining how the fee works might help not deter clients. Good luck all seller

Here is what I have notices. My base $5 orders are still the same in numbers what has decreased though is the amount of gig extras being ordered. Yes the fee is not huge but that does not matter what matters is how buyers perceive it. If they feel like they are getting ripped off in anyway than it hurts everyone in the long run. They need to encourage people to order gig extras and such by offering like if your order is greater than say $20 than there is no fee added.

I am a seller here on fiverr. For over a year I’ve noticed a slant in the way fiverr does business. You’d figure that this multi-million dollar company would figure things out. While .50 doesn’t seem like much, it’s actually 10% of a $5.00 gig. That’s a chunk for some buyers. And yes, I have noticed my sales drop.

Another issue is the top/featured seller category. I was on the fast track and now have almost 900 sales in less than two years. Yet, I can’t seem to do enough for whoever makes the decisions around here, to be delegated a top/featured seller. It always remains a shadowy process and I would like to see an explanation or have it streamlined somehow.

I am a longtime buyer and I was just getting ready to purchase a gig when the fee popped. I felt like I had been slapped in the face. I did not complete the purchase, never even knew there was a forum until today but this motivated me…

I am sure they have it calculated that even with a drop in sales the 10.00% will still all drop to the bottom line.

Archived