Fiverr suddenly started charging me a 0.5$ as a "processing fee" [Resolved]

cgioris

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fees are already steep for sellers, now they’re charging extra to the customers too. It’s a bit ridiculous. My customer who was not charged a fee last week, placed a new order today and was charged the new fee. Although the customer was nice to ask me what it is, I was surprised and concerned. Many of my returning customers may now go away. I too may leave Fiverr. 😦

I mean, think about it – Fiverr is charging a processing fee to obtain the money, then they charge us (the sellers) a processing fee to give us the money, then PayPal charges us a fee to transmit the money to our account. Three fees before it reaches our pocket. I understand Fiverr has to make money too, but aren’t there other ways?

I went over this in my thread, but according to the paypal User Agreement:

4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Perhaps those who answer legal questions for a gig can splice this better than I, but it does appear that Fiverr is inconsistent with Paypal's user agreement.

For me, this extra charge will lessen my purchases on Fiverr. (Err, make that Fiver fifty-center...)

So basically if I tell the buyer “your picture costs $50”, it’s actually $52.5? How am I going to explain this and make them accept? This is ridiculous, and risk of cancellation on large order.

While I’m glad it’s not on the sellers’ side this time, I’m angry for my customers. They have to pay fee to buy something and if the seller mess up and cancel, they still can’t get their money back.

Now I’m wondering in this case will they get $5.5 or just $5?

And then come to the revenue number on the bar “$0.0”. If it’s not for this $0.5 charge, they’re planing something for sellers too.

4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Perhaps those who answer legal questions for a gig can splice this better than I, but it does appear that Fiverr is inconsistent with Paypal’s user agreement.

For me, this extra charge will lessen my purchases on Fiverr. - See more at: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/47278/fiverr-suddenly-started-charging-me-a-0-5-as-a-processing-fee#sthash.rKuwv8Q2.dpuf

Reply to @kjblynx:

Perhaps those who answer legal questions for a gig can splice this better than I, but it does appear that Fiverr is inconsistent with Paypal’s user agreement.

For me, this extra charge will lessen my purchases on Fiverr.

Reply to @arlissa:

It is also against Paypal regulations…

For me, this extra charge will lessen my purchases on Fiverr. - See more at: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/47278/fiverr-suddenly-started-charging-me-a-0-5-as-a-processing-fee#sthash.rKuwv8Q2.dpuf

I am also discouraged by this added fee and less likely to use fiverr because of it. I did not know of the change until checking out, so it cost much more than I had planned. This takes away much of the simplicity of fiverr (or should I say “five-ish”?).

I kind of got tired selling here so I thought I’d take a break. It’s been awesome! I’ve had my gigs suspended for weeks now. I still lack the motivation to return as a seller but I hang around as a buyer. With this, it feels like they’re poking a stick at their buyers. Why would I want to pay extra for the privilege of buying here? Why would they do this? It’s not like they’re a monopoly where I can only find these services at these prices here. There are other places to go…and I’m not paying this additional charge. So, I guess there’s not a lot left here …

I’m a very new Buyer; and, within the last 2 weeks, I have already purchased 2 separate Gigs from 2 different Sellers. I paid $40.00 for one Gig with no processing fee “surcharge”. On the other Gig, I paid $5.00 with no processing fee “surcharge”. If there were processing fees “surcharges” applied to those 2 Gigs, I would have had to pay $42.00 and $5.50. It doesn’t appear to be too much in the grand scheme of things to pay $47.50 instead of the original $45.00. However, now, I am in the process of deciding whether or not to buy a Gig that is $300.00 from a Seller. But, since there is now this new 5% processing fee “surcharge”, I would have to pay $315.00!!! That is ridiculous. They should change the name of the company-business-website to www.Fiverr-ish.com or www.Fiverr-Plus.com or www.Fiverr-Fifty.com or www.Fiverr-And-More.com. It would be just as ridiculous to continue calling themselves www.Fiverr.com.

I just found this out and i am very very stressed and angry. I spend thousands of dollars on fiverr and now i have to pay lot of so called admin fee on it and dont forget paypal’s cut. Fiverr have you joined Iluminati? why ripping people?

Archived