Paypal fees for buying?

cleber_rodr1

You pay taxes on things that you buy in a store. And those taxes are “fees” added to the retailer’s listed price. This is no different. Fiverr is still Fiverr, and basic gigs still cost $5. Only now, there is a nominal processing fee added to every buyer’s purchase.

There’s nothing wrong here, folks. This is a valid, normal business move. Fiverr obviously sees the need to charge a perfectly legal processing fee with every purchase. It’s only 50 cents (on a standard $5 gig). This isn’t going to break the bank, or drive buyers away. Processing fees and taxes are a normal part of doing business.

• 1 year later...

What if I’m buying multiples of one $5.00 gig from the same guy. I’m actually doing that right now. .50+.50+.50+.50+.50+.50 etc. etc. It adds up and in this case it’s absurd.Is there a way to pay someone for 30 or more of the same job and only pay one processing fee? I’m not digg’n that part of the transaction.

Well, depending on how much you trust the seller, you could purchase $15 or more worth of gigs (three or more $5 gigs) and the system should only charge you 5% as a processing fee, if I’m reading the above correctly. Such an arrangement would be a custom offer, which the seller can send to you directly in a private message.

But make sure you trust your seller to delivery all of the work on time. And make it a longer gig, so they have plenty of time! This could be tricky if there are too many moving pieces and some revisions/modifications being needed could be difficult with timelines, too. Work out the logistics first, then try a custom offer instead of buying “off the shelf.”

Archived