Do not sell Facebook followers and likes. It's against the rules. Don't do it

jonbaas

Alright folks, this is getting downright annoying. I (and others) been saying it over and over here on these forums, and Fiverr is making it clear by deleting gigs that persist in doing this… so let me remind those sellers that don’t understand: DO NOT sell Facebook likes and followers. It will get your Facebook account and Fiverr gigs deleted. Don’t argue the validity of it, selling these things is against the rules of both Facebook and Fiverr. DON’T DO IT.

If my repeated advice is not enough, then let me be even clearer. I will post the official statement from Facebook, and I will provide the source link below – I trust Fiverr will not object to me posting this particular link in support of the rules, and what NOT to sell here on Fiverr.

That being said, the following text is quoted straight from the Fiverr Security blog/Facebook page:

"A Like that doesn't come from someone truly interested in connecting with a Page benefits no one. Real identity, for both users and brands on Facebook, is important to not only Facebook’s mission of helping the world share, but also the need for people and customers to authentically connect to the Pages they care about. When a Page and fan connect on Facebook, we want to ensure that connection involves a real person interested in hearing from a specific Page and engaging with that brand’s content. As such, we have recently increased our automated efforts to remove Likes on Pages that may have been gained by means that violate our Terms.

On average, less than 1% of Likes on any given Page will be removed, providing they and their affiliates have been abiding by our terms. These newly improved automated efforts will remove those Likes gained by malware, compromised accounts, deceived users, or purchased bulk Likes. While we have always had dedicated protections against each of these threats on Facebook, these improved systems have been specifically configured to identify and take action against suspicious Likes.

To be clear, we do not and have never permitted the purchase or sale of Facebook Likes as we only want people connecting to the Pages and brands with whom they have chosen to connect. Beyond the need to maintain authentic relationships on Facebook, these third-party vendors often attempt to use malware or other forms of deception to generate fraudulent Likes, which is harmful to all users and the internet as a whole.

These improvements to our site integrity systems benefit both users and brands alike. Users will continue to connect to the Pages and Profiles they authentically want to subscribe to, and Pages will have a more accurate measurement of fan count and demographics. This improvement will allow Pages to produce ever more relevant and interesting content, and brands will see an increase in the true engagement around their content.

To help protect yourself in the future, please be aware of suspicious links and visit [link removed by poster] if you have any reason to believe that your account may be compromised. We also highly recommend that Page owners vet any business that offers marketing services to build your Facebook presence, to make sure that these companies are using only legitimate practices, which do not violate the Facebook Terms.

Facebbook was built on the principle of real identity and we want this same authenticity to extend to Pages. We undoubtedly expect that this will be a positive change for anyone using Facebook, and we look forward to helping even more people share and connect with the friends and brands they care about."

SOURCE:
https://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■/notes/facebook-security/improvements-to-our-site-integrity-systems/10151005934870766

NOTE: Again, my apologies for taking the liberty to post the source link, especially if it gets edited by Fiverr's automatic link checker. I share this in support of Fiverr's gig rules and to help remind certain sellers not to waste their time trying to post illegal Fiverr gigs.

So, there you have it.... official clarity from Facebook itself. DO NOT SELL FACEBOOK LIKES AND FOLLOWERS. There is no possible way for this to be okay. It's wrong, it's against the rules, and it WILL result in deleted Facebook pages and deleted Fiverr gigs. If your gig gets deleted because you continue to ignor the rules, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

There appear to be sellers who still don’t understand this rule, so, in an effort to once again remind them… back to the top this goes.

Seriously, folks… don’t sell Facebook likes and followers. There is no possible way that you will get around this rule. Fiverr will remove your gigs from the search function or delete those gigs completely. Please follow the rules and save yourselves the frustration when your gigs are removed, denied, or deleted.

Reply to @whitehatseo10:

Actually it’s more a case of Fiverr most likely getting complaints or pressure from Facebook and other social media sites – who have already considered selling likes and followers to be illegal for quite some time – to have those kinds of gigs removed from Fiverr. Fiverr is only now starting to comply.

Just because people have been selling likes and followers for years, does not make that any less wrong. If it’s against the rules on Facebook or Twitter, it’s still against the rules here on Fiverr – regardless of Fiverr’s past lack of policing the issue.

Archived