Live Chat Suggestion

maxteridon

Guest tn5rr2012

When the internet because really popular back in the 1990’s I was all over chat rooms and forums (remember the AOL chat rooms) but I am older and wiser now, I don’t do chat rooms, as everyone I ever was in turned into a troll room

In my opinion this feature isn’t really needed and if anything it would add more confusion to buyers and sellers.

If it is a private chat system between buyers and sellers it would add yet another place where you are communicating with your buyer. It’s hard enough navigating between an order page and conversation page to make sure you have all of your buyer’s information. With this feature, you would have to check three different places if you needed to go back and check something.

What is really needed is a way to communicate in real time between the Buyer and the Seller. I’m having a heck of a time dealing with two different chats (the order page and the conversation page) and making sure the seller gets all the information. I realize a lot of “gigs” are fairly simple requests (ie. “I will do X for $5”, etc.), but when the “gig” is more complex or there are glitches or miscommunication (ie. setting up a WordPress Theme on a host provider) then the “gig” gets stretched out longer than necessary because I sometimes have to wait hours for a response from the seller. A chat system, something like Facebook, could be set up so that if you have a “gig” with a seller, they would appear on your list of “Contacts”. When you log onto Fiverr, it would show if they are on or offline. Once the “gig” was completed, they could be removed from your list of “active gigs” or retained in a separate category as “Previous Gigs”. This going back and forth with chats is inefficient and frustrating.

Archived