It's time to stop complaining. Get out there and promote your gigs

jonbaas

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @cybergatis:

No. You have no control over how your gig ranks in the marketplace other than to bring in traffic, convert that traffic into sales, and produce excellent quality service. Excellent gigs will likely work their way back up to the top of the marketplace. Fiverr will not manually “restore” your previous higher ranking just because you want them to.

As I said before, you are NOT guaranteed a top ranking in the marketplace. It’s time to stop complaining about that, and focus on what YOU can do to make your gigs successful – within the rules and policies Fiverr already has in place.

Reply to @cybergatis:

I’m having a hard time understanding your mindset. Why are you consistently arguing practical tips and advice? You cannot directly control where your gigs are “ranked” in the marketplace. There’s no sense in complaining – the system will not change just because you think it is unfair to you.

Work within the system Fiverr has established. Everyone does have an equal chance, but that equal chance requires work if you want to have a successful gig. Some sellers are at the top because of the work they do. Some sellers are there because they have fantastic services, exceptional customer service, etc. If your gigs are slipping in the marketplace, then focus on making your gigs better. You will not be on page one of the marketplace merely because you think you belong there.

It’s also worth noting, how do you know the top-ranked sellers are visible because “they don’t have to do nothing”? Do you know with certainty that they are not promoting their gigs elsewhere? Do you know with certainty that they are, in fact, doing nothing as you claim?

I’m hearing a lot of complaints, but I’m not seeing any substance to those complaints. Do what you can to improve and promote your own gigs, and let the Fiverr system do it’s thing in the ways it is programmed to do so. In the end, the only thing YOU have control over is a great gig. Everything else is outside of your control.

Reply to @jonbaas: Not just that but the market is constantly changing. I advertise my gigs a lot on twitter which is where I get most of my views. The sales aren’t coming in because what I’m currently offering is only popular during certain seasons.

Currently in the process of creating a new gig and hope it does well.

Reply to @looknofurther1:

I’m a seller, just like you. And I have gigs that I promote and fulfill, just like you. However, I’m also a successful off-fiverr self-employed entrepreneur who runs my own business, creates retail products for sale around the world, and markets and promotes those products to my target audience and consumer base.

As such, I have a lot of experience in marketing and promotion, and that experience translates into knowledge that has equal relevance here in the Fiverr community. Many sellers don’t seem to realize this, but a gig on Fiverr is no different than any other product or service in the global retail economy. I am just as responsible for the success of one of my off-fiver products, as I need to be here with my gigs. Both are marketed the same, both exist in the retail category – even if gigs tend to be more service-based.

I learned long ago not to put all of my eggs in one basket, so to be successful, I diversify my methods. I have multiple advertising and promotional avenues – I’ve run ads, I am heavily involved in social communities, I blog creatively, I have strong word-of-mouth working in my favor, I cross-market, etc. And I am constantly engaged in those activities, analyzing and modifying those activities to improve their success rate, and starting new activities based upon what I have learned works and what doesn’t.

And, since Fiverr is no different, I do those same things for my Fiverr gigs – I’m still doing those things for my Fiverr gigs. And I don’t plan to stop doing these things in my continued efforts to help improve the popularity and success of my gigs. In fact, I’m working on new gigs to add right now, and I’ll work to make those successful as well – perhaps even removing the gigs of mine that don’t become successful.

Successful marketing is all about constant testing and experimenting. The last thing you want to do is sit still and wait for potential buyers to find you. Do whatever you can to go out and find the buyers. But make sure you’re doing so in a targeted way. Figure out who your market is, and go find those people. THAT will bring you far better success than the “wait and see” method. The successful businessmen and innovators of the world (Steve Jobs, Donald Trump, Henry Ford) did not become the business icons they are today by sitting around and waiting for success. They worked hard… they struggled… they persevered. They did things.

That’s why I keep encouraging other sellers to be proactive here on Fiverr as well. In fact, even Fiverr has made a point of saying, get out there and “promote your gigs.” It just tends to get overlooked by a vast majority of sellers because it requires hard work – and most sellers don’t want to do the hard, mundane work to be successful. They would rather focus on the hope of sales, and the joy of fulfilling their gigs for millions of buyers they hope will find them.

Unfortunately, that’s just not how successful business works. Creativity, perseverance, and determined – often thankless – work is the secret to success.

As far as me having any inside knowledge into how Fiverr does things – particularly their current marketplace/search system? No… I have no contacts in their home office; I don’t know the CEO. I’m just like you. I’m a seller that knows the hard work secret to success, and I work to make it happen.

Everything I know about Fiverr, I’ve researched, I’ve read on their blog and other communications, I’ve learned through interacting here on the forums, and I’ve combined with my pre-existing knowledge of how the business and marketing world works. I have plenty of knowledge and understanding – I’m more than happy to share with anyone who wants to know what I know… but I have no special behind-the-scenes insight. I just listen, and respond accordingly.

Test and experiment. Never, ever just sit still and wait for the success you want to come find you. It won’t. Success needs to be chased. Don’t be afraid to run after it.

I agree with the majority of these comments. Fiverr does allow you to run things the way you want to as long as you stay within the guidelines. This is not a get rich opportunity and it takes time and patience to get established. If your thinking of making a quick buck by doing automated gigs your in the wrong deal here. The idea is for you to build a name for yourself with a quality, creative gig. I have been a blog and article writer on Fiverr for over two years and it has done me well. I haven’t gotten rich but I have established myself as a credible seller. Sure, maybe the writing is a bit intensive but I’d rather take the time and do it right the first time. If you don’t think of Fiverr as a way to make a fast dollar and work hard and with do the best you can, you can make money.

Archived