It's time to stop complaining. Get out there and promote your gigs

jonbaas

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @cybergatis:

The Fiverr search algorithm is just fine. Fiverr appears to be giving initial attention to the new gigs to allow those sellers to get their foot in the door. Then, those gigs begin to slip down in the overall marketplace rankings to make room for newer gigs. All sellers must work to promote their gigs elsewhere on the internet to bring in new buyers.

Like I said before, do not rely on only the Fiverr search system to bring in buyers. You have to work for your success, no matter what status you hold as a seller. Fiverr is not responsible for providing you with all of the buyers you want.

Get out there and promote your gigs.

As far as those well-established sellers still ranking high in the marketplace, they’re still there – at the top – due to high sales volume, strong seller reputation, and a host of other positive factors. They’ve earned that visibility, and they work daily to maintain it. I’m fairly certain that if their sales or ratings dip, their gig will slip from the top spot as well – as is the case for all Fiverr sellers.

As with any business, marketing and promotion is essential. Take responsibility for your own success, think like a businessman, and get the word out about your gigs. Your own promotion can bring in new buyers from elsewhere on the internet, and those buyers will benefit the analytics of your gig by moving it back up in the Fiverr marketplace.

So, yes, everyone who works hard to improve their gigs and seller reputation DOES have an equal chance to be successful here on Fiverr. There is no conspiracy. I wish certain sellers would stop looking at Fiverr that way. Fiverr is a business… you selling your services on Fiverr is a business. It’s time to stop complaining about “unfairness” and get out there and promote your gigs!

The more complaining you do, the less work you do. And the less work you do, the less relevant your gigs become. Work hard; stay relevant. Build your own success.

I absolutely disagree with fiverr so called system that automatically bring the gigs on top page for more traffic.

I have top notch gigs and i was doing great and i get amazing feedbacks but fiverr so called system never highlight me on the front page and no offence for the gigs i have seen on front page was not even close to the quality of my gigs

This is not new when ever a company get some recognition they think they are above and beyond then any thing else it is sad and pointless to discuss

Reply to @krazyretarded:

Are you doing anything to promote your gigs online? Because, as I’ve said many times before, you cannot expect Fiverr to send you free traffic, if you’re not willing to put in the work to promote yourself. You are not entitled to an easy top ranking in Fiverr’s marketplace, if you’re not willing to do the work to remain there.

Reply to @accessgirl:

thank you so much this is what i was talking about putting great gig out there and providing great videos plus exceptional customer support this is how you can introduce yourself to the world and when you are giving your services on third party website and you believe with each and every angle that you are exceptional and you can make money for that website than you are entitled for all the right treatment

My point was i have seen so many gigs which was not even close to the quality of my gig and they become super seller because they were highlighted on the front page so many times and i can guarantee you if i was highlighted once on fiverr home page story would have been totally different there

i was highlighted once on close to the bottom of the home page for number of minutes and i got close to 11 orders in those 10 minutes

but again what’s the point

again accessgirl thank you for your compliment

I know it’s a must for most to promote, but if I was going to do that, are the perks of fiverr good enough to not just promote to my own website and go through Paypal? What does the 20% commission go for, the security of having customer service, the appeal of the fiverr platform?

I’m not trying to be antagonistic, I’m honestly wondering. All my traffic comes from whatever fiverr gives me. I get enough orders to keep me busy and I’ve never really promoted my gigs and haven’t needed to. That’s how I justify the 20% and I’m happy with that and feel it’s a good deal.

Why do you guys promote to fiverr instead of your own site, what do you feel are the perks that make it worth it (honest question), if not the traffic?

@krazyretarded

"I absolutely disagree with fiverr so called system that automatically bring the gigs on top page for more traffic."

What would you suggest then, that it would only be you that is featured?

I don’t mean to offend you but how many sellers do we have in Fiverr? Shouldn’t you be happy about getting featured once. I mean what are the odds of getting featured? Pretty slim and close to none I guess.

I firmly believe that if your product is good people will eventually find it and come back for more.

Again I don’t mean to offend you and sorry if I made you feel bad with my comment 😦

Duke

Disagree,

Before create messages like this - need to do at least basic analysis.

Fiverr argues that the search results is dynamic.

But it’s not true. Top result are static and these sellers get most of orders without any problems like you, when you must to promote your gigs on social networks(not fair), in this case most of sellers i think will preffer their own websites with same suggestions for customers (it’s not a recommendation for you - just my opinion).

If they say about dynamic result - they must do it, but not only on words.

Dynamic for Hi rating = for all gigs with good reviews count, 4.8+ and good ratio "hits -> (to) orders, as it makes the ebay algorithm - Best-Match.

Dynamic = every page refresh or every day. But not when new fiverr update is coming.

Just my opinion, please don’t throw stones at me 🙂

Reply to @accessgirl:

I offer my services on Fiverr as an extension of my own website.

On my site, I offer my skills and talents for my own set professional prices (meaning, over $100 at the least expensive). However, those tend to be large projects that clients with large businesses or budgets seek out. As a result, many of my site projects are out of the reach of your average non-business individual.

Here, on Fiverr, I offer smaller jobs – often more unique – that are more appropriately priced to the individuals that do not have large business budgets. And, the Fiverr system allows me to host/offer those gigs on their site – within their community – rather than me having to maintain additional site pages for all of these smaller projects. I gain the benefits of offering my smaller services within a dedicated client community setting, I like their gig layout (new and old), and those gigs help establish my skills and reputation to a whole new group of people. Not to mention the fact that my gigs here on Fiverr are an additional source of regular income.

As any good businessman will tell you, diversify your portfolio. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Look for more than one source of income. If you’re a successful entrepreneur like me, you find ways to earn more then one paycheck, while still doing the things that you love.

Reply to @testservice:

I disagree. There is nothing unfair about Fiverr sellers having to promote their gigs elsewhere on the internet. When you have your own wesite that sells a product, you have to market that product elsewhere to bring in buyers. Fiverr gigs are no different. You have a product… you need to market it to bring in buyers. Just because the service is hosted on another website (in this case Fiverr) does not negate your need to promote it.

The Fiverr marketplace will bring in some sales, yes, but you’re shooting yourself in the foot if you rely on the marketplace to be your only source of traffic. If that Fiverr traffic disappears (for whatever reason), and you’ve done nothing to promote those gigs elsewhere, then your sales dry up. And when your sales dry up, you no longer have that income. And when you no longer have that income – because you relied upon Fiverr to do all the promotional work for you – you complain about the unfairness of not getting sales. And when you complain about the unfairness of not getting sales, successful businessmen like me post forum threads like this to remind people to do what they should have done from the very beginning. 🙂

Fiverr is a business. You selling your services on Fiverr makes you a businessman/woman. A good businessman promotes their products or services however and whenever they can – because promotion brings in customers. And customers bring in sales.

Don’t sit back, do nothing, and hope the sales come in. Get out there and promote your gigs!

Fiverr had to do this after the latest Google update, search apparently dropped and this is why we have to go ‘hardcore’ from now on.

Creative way to promote your self…

Example, you sell articles:

Write articles in various directories and put a HIRE ME link to your fiverr profile, same for Graphics, Videos (youtube) etc etc.

Think outside of the box!

Reply to @jonbaas: Probably you don’t understand my idea. If seller can drive really good traffic to his gigs, he prefer his own website, because it’s = his own clients database, no 20% fee etc.

I again want to say - do a little analysis. Sellers who stays on top position in fiverr search result by different search queries - get 70%-90% of orders that customers searching direct on fiverr, and they do not need to promote their gigs on another resources - it’s i think not fair.

Most sellers on top search results do not doing promotion to their gigs, you can check it by use different online social signals checker tools, ahrefs or majestic seo. But they have a lot of orders, if it’s profitable search query.

That what i want to say.

But I do not say that no need to promote your gigs outside of fiverr.

Reply to @jonbaas: Thank you, really appreciate the response. Definitely agree on the eggs in one basket point. I haven’t gotten to the point where I need to have orders or have struggled for lack thereof, but if this did become a main source of income and I felt fiverr was my best option for that, I would definitely promote my gig and give more attention to all my eggs.

Random-ish question, if you don’t mind: Do you think sellers would be more inclined to purchase on fiverr than from your website? Not sure if you can compare since the services are different, just wondering if there is more trust and appeal going through a larger, popular website like fiverr.

Reply to @testservice:

The sellers that are either still at the top of any marketplace rankings, or are earning substantial traffic are there because of a variety of factors that have earned them that position. There is no conspiracy keeping them at the top and other sellers at the bottom. If the top-ranking sellers lose sales, and no longer fall within the range of those ranking factors, then they too will slip down in the rankings. And if someone at the bottom of those rankings does the right things to get noticed, they will rise to the top.

Regardless of what you think, Fiverr is a meritocracy. Everyone sells under the same site rules, and everyone has the same chance to be successful on this site. The successful sellers who work hard rise to the top. Those who do nothing but wait for sales, eventually fall to the bottom.

If someone near the bottom of the rankings promotes off of Facebook, and brings in sales from elsewhere online, those sales and fantastic service on those sales will improve a gig’s ranking, and help it rise to the top. So, once again, promoting our gigs is extraordinarily helpful.

And, if I may be so bold, please do not repeatedly remind me to do a little analysis before I share comments and advice. I know how business and marketing works. I run a successful business off of Facebook. Analysis is part of what I do on a daily basis. I’m here on Fiverr, not only to work at making my own gigs successful, but to help others learn and grow theirs as well.

Reply to @accessgirl:

I think those clients that I have built up a strong working relationship with through my website will continue to seek the work I offer there. And the clients that have smaller budgets will likely continue to seek out my gigs here on Fiverr (via the links from my site).

As far as trust, that can be built anywhere. I am the same artist on my website as I am here, so in the end, it comes down to giving both types of clients the same fantastic service, no matter what the project may be. I have a policy of treating all of my clients the same, so when it comes to trust and appeal, for me, that crosses over into every project that I do.

Once a client knows me, and knows what to expect from me, they are likely to remain a client no matter where they hire me. 🙂

Reply to @cybergatis:

Fiverr does not penalize gigs unless they are breaking the rules, or are scamming people. If your gigs are within the rules of Fiverr, then they are all treated the same as everyone else’s gigs, based upon the same “ranking” factors. The ranking system is entirely automatic, unless Fiverr editors choose to mark a great gig as “Featured” (or delete/suspend one for breaking the rules).

As far as why certain gigs are ranked the way they are, I already explained this in one of my other recent posts in this thread. Please re-read those posts.

There is no conspiracy against your gigs.

I find it very amusing that after your headline for this thread, people still complain and some even argument against promoting gigs.

If your sales are down maybe it’s time to look into mirror and figure out what went wrong. It sucks big time that people are losing sales but blaming Fiverr seem a bit weird. When you lose sales Fiverr loses money, so why would they want that?

Perhaps it’s time to make changes to gigs and add more value to them. Figure out something new. Use creative thinking, meditate, do what ever it takes to generate sales.

Success is hard work unfortunately. If it used to be easy in Fiverr it ain’t anymore. man / woman up and quit complaining.

Thanks and sorry.

Duke

Archived