Stop Turning Refunded Money Into Fiverr Credits!

foxella

I think it would be better if Fiverr allowed its customers to receive their money after a refund instead of holding it on the site. A person should have the right to choose what they do with their money after they get a refund, and they should be able to take it out of their Fiverr account. It’s not Fiverr’s money and it shouldn’t be held for virtual ransom just so Fiverr can make a profit no matter what. That really makes Fiverr look greedy. If you’re not going to let customers have their money back, at least let them know before hand! Not many people read the complete Terms of Service, and it’s just common practice for people to be allowed to have their cash back after receiving a refund. It just seems like holding refunded money should be illegal; that’s just how I feel about it.

foxella said: Not many people read the complete Terms of Service

Now that is their problem. People can't go around stealing or killing and then claim "I don't know the law!". People can't join a website, break the rules and claim they're too lazy to read. Take responsibility for your action, we're all adult here!

A lot buyers place orders, get the product then cancel the order. Sellers tend to refund money to avoid a bad review. Holding money like this would at least make them think before cheat.

Reply to @miacmht: The difference is that when you steal or kill someone, the law is usually very clear and upfront about what will happen. It’s not the same as Fiverr taking money from people regardless of the situation. A person works and earns their money, and they get a refund for a product, they tend to get their money back. Turning someone’s money into store credits(or Fiverr credits) when the person is already unhappy with the service will only result in turning off the customer even more. I think such a clause should be removed or revised to make it more customer friendly. Now, if a person spends $100.00 and then the seller cancels, that money doesn’t go back to the customer, it gets turned into Fiverr credits. Now, this person has to use Fiverr, when they might not be interested in trying to find another seller to work with. This person just lost $100. Just because it’s legal, that doesn’t make it right, fair, or ethical. So, no you can’t say that it’s all about people who break the rules.

Reply to @foxella:

People know stealing or killing is wrong because it’s there in the rules for thousands years, and it’s just too obvious. Another example is Australia’s rule is to drive on the left side of the road, someone come to the country and drive on the right side, wouldn’t he deserve a ticket?

I understand your point about Fiverr holding money, and that does make sense, but the problem here is beside the good buyers who really want to buy the product but end up with bad result, there’re many buyers who just want free stuffs. This current system at least, as I said, would make them think before stealing.

They did find a way to cheat, though: making a dispute via Paypal and they get their money right back, their Fiverr account would be banned but they could easily make a new one. I don’t know if their Paypal would be banned on Fiverr too, but I hope it does.

The down side of Fiverr is it’s too easy for buyers to cheat, and it end up with a lot of scam buyers here than on other place.

Reply to @kjblynx: I don’t know about Fiverr credits, but I do know I can withdraw earnings that are not pending clearance anytime I want, I do it into PayPal, others prefer the Fiverr Revenue Card which I’m told works like a debit card. You should write customer service, maybe they can help.

This helps the situation because if you make money on Fiverr, you won’t have to use PayPal to put money into Fiverr. I don’t get buyers on Fiverr that have no gigs, maybe they don’t have time to sell things on Fiverr? I have no idea.

Reply to @kjblynx: A seller has just refund my money and it go right to my revenue. Before this I did cancel order as a buyer because of late delivery, the money go to Fiverr credit.

Not sure the reason. Maybe Fiverr changed? Or it depends on how the cancellation is made?

Reply to @miacmht: I got a refund after a mutual cancellation(the seller initiated the cancellation of the order). I figured this money would be returned to my PayPal account, but nope. As a seller and a buyer, it makes me kind of sad to know that when I cancel an order for a customer, the money doesn’t get returned in a true sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a most frustrating aspect of Fiverr. I use Fiverr extensively, spending hundreds a year, and when I have large number credits it makes me feel cheated. Fiverr makes interest money on all that cash sitting in accounts; very improper business practice. If there was another platform such as fiverr, I would switch because of this policy.

This is one that I couldn’t agree with more. I just had my 12th scammer on Fiverr and the gig was for $350 (plus $17.50 processing fee that I lost when having to cancel the gig due to said scammer). It’s frustrating enough that Fiverr is becoming known for having so many scammers on it (another big issue), but holding on to your money forcing you to spend it on their site really is a huge turn off. I’ve literally spend thousands of dollars on Fiverr and have been very loyal through so many scammers, downtimes, offline issues they’ve had, but this last has really been a huge turn off.

I don’t see them stopping this as it forces buyers to use it on their site, but in the past year, I feel like Fiverr is helping the sellers more on this site over the buyers, especially when they let sellers knock off negative comments rather easily.

Archived