5 Steps to Identify a Professional Seller and Avoid wasting your Time and Money on Fiverr

graphics_pro360

There is a serious issue that is really bothering the professional sellers on fiverr.

If you would rightly observe, you’ll discover that a lot of buyers are really going nuts over the idea of people who don’t know 10% about a task, skill or service but still go ahead to create an account on fiverr and claim to be experts.

The number of mediocre Sellers on Fiverr Increases everyday and as a Graphics Designer, It pains my heart to see people who use screenshots for their GIG Image having Graphics Account on Fiverr.

What can you possibly expect from such a “Professional” Graphics Designer?

I just finished going through a thread by a very angry Buyer who just wrote a lot of angry words and said most sellers on fiverr don’t know 9 out of 10 in the Service they claim to Deliver.

So, how can you Identify Professional Sellers from The Sub-Standard guys here on Fiverr? Just Follow my Steps Below and I assure you that you wouldn’t waste your precious time and resources ever again on fiverr.

1. Do A Little Research About The Job you want to Offer:

One of the easiest ways to Identify a professional is to ask him several technical questions on the service he offers.

If your Seller is truly versed in the skills he possess, you will be marveled at the method and ease at which he will educate you about his service.

It would be interesting for anyone to ask a blogger about writing and it would be great to ask a real Video Editor about Voice Overs.

So, make sure you’re armed with the right questions before approaching your seller.

2. Contact your Preferred Seller and Create a Good Rapport:

This is a very important step, I have noticed that most buyers usually contact up to 10 sellers when they need a job done and they try to give the job to the fastest seller or so.

It is very important to create a good rapport with your seller, this will make it easier for you to negotiate your terms and communicate effectively before, during and after the job is done.

In my former fiverr account, I was able to share a lot of good time with my clients because they took their time to know exactly what am capable of and when I couldn’t satisfy one of my buyers after several modifications, I still sent him another design even after he has marked my delivery as completed and given me 5 Stars.

3. Check Your Sellers Profile Description and Profile Image:

There are 2 very acceptable Profile Images on Fiverr, The Seller’s personal Photograph or a Well Designed Logo representing the Seller’s Company.

These two images allow for every buyer to be able to identify original and professional sellers instead of people who just take any image off Google and upload it as their Profile Image.

Sellers who do this are just fast-cash-seekers and they really don’t have long term relationship goals on places like fiverr. (I Stand to be corrected.)

4. Read The Gig Title, Description and Observe The Gig Image Properly:

Most people just click the Order Button when they see a Gig title which relates to what they need. They don’t take their time to read through the Description and Look Properly at the Gig Images or Watch the Gig Video.

Recently, I was looking for someone to help me promote my gigs on Social Media and I saw a Gig Titled: “I will give you 10,000 real looking twitter followers for $5”.

If I had not read it properly, I would have wasted my 5 Bucks because there was a clause in the gig title “Real Looking”. 🙂 Meaning that the Followers are 100% Fake and may disappear within a short period.

So, you need to read through the Title, Description and check the Gig Image to be sure of what you’re paying for.

5. Don’t Expect Too Much:

Most sellers will offer you great service and even promise you a bonus after delivering the main gig, please be considerate and don’t expect too much from them.

Just ensure that your Service was delivered as promised and be satisfied with it. As a professional, I usually over-deliver and my client’s are always happy. Though I still have some client’s who will still ask for an extra pudding after eating up the entire lunch. 🙂

==========

A new Tip By kevinstrawfilms (Thanks man.) 🙂
  6. Once you have picked a seller, start with a small gig or portion of what your looking for (if your looking for multiples) and then once your satisfied with the results add extra gigs or gig-extras for the rest of your work (in whole or in parts) to ensure your happy along the way. Its not the quickest method but you will get a better result than dumping $100 for twenty $5 gigs and then find out what you want and what the seller is willing to provide are two different things.

CONCLUSION:

So in general, you need to be professional in dealing with the right sellers here on fiverr and on other freelance sites.

This will help you save time and money and probably build a cool relationship that will extend beyond the fiverr territory.

I hope these few lines have been useful, Please leave your Comment and Share with your Connections on other Social Media Platforms.

If you need a Professional Graphics Designer, You may please visit my Account and let me know what your Graphics Needs are, I will be happy to see to them.

Until next time I bring you more tips,

Regards,

Tyler! #Graphics_pro360.

… Originality, Creativity and Professionalism.

http://fiverr.com/graphics_pro360/

http://fiverr.com/graphics_pro360///cdnil21.fiverrcdn.com/assets/v2_backgrounds/bg-homepage-welcome-comm1-0249ec7b3d17664c0b7818ffb505458f.jpg

Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun, and more online services for $5

http://fiverr.com

Definitely agree with this. I am a seller and it amazes me how many times I get orders that seem to come out of left field. And it is almost always these orders that result in problems due to not understanding the gig etc.

If nothing else I hope many buyers read this and start contacting sellers before ordering. Even if the task seems simple. When I take the role of a buyer I always send a message first just to see how responsive that seller is.

There are times when I am not up to a task. I’m a human being after all. But I am always up front about these things. I would rather have 100 messages before an order happens than risk a cancellation.

I think perhaps Fiverr ought to make some sort of push for buyers to contact sellers first. Really helps improve the experience for everyone.

As a buyer more than a seller, I agree with the top post. Its important to read the gig description in order to fully understand what your paying for. If I could add another #6 to that list.

6. Once you have picked a seller, start with a small gig or portion of what your looking for (if your looking for multiples) and then once your satisfied with the results add extra gigs or gig-extras for the rest of your work (in whole or in parts) to ensure your happy along the way. Its not the quickest method but you will get a better result than dumping $100 for twenty $5 gigs and then find out what you want and what the seller is willing to provide are two different things.

Archived