Wordpress website Help

azambadar

I just bought a gig to do some work for my website, previously I created 2nd user account in my wp to do some work but now I was told to provide my own username and password , is this safe? how i can get my website back if seller change password and disappear? thanks

You don’t have to give him access to your own account, all you have to do is to make the second account you created an Administrator…

azambadar said: how i can get my website back if seller change password and disappear?

As long as you do not give him cPanel access you should be fine, you can use the datebase to make a new user or change the password etc

For added comfort, when I offer my services, I offer an optional Teamviewer session in which the client can monitor what is being done. I would not recommend creating a secondary admin for ANY reason without knowing exactly what they are doing.

Please be weary of this, as a seller could download your site’s code and potentially sell it to a hacker if there is customer information, or edit your .htaccess file to allow a backdoor for future use.

Archived