A logo for 5$? Is this a joke?

petitchemin

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joining in after 3 years :))))

I believe the main issue of logo designers and clients is the fact that most tend to see just an end product. Yes, I could design a logo for just 5 USD (I won’t, though). It will probably look decent enough. But looks is not what logo design is about. Go look at the biggest brand out there and try to rate their logos objectively (deleting their brand history from your mind). Most are extremely basic and any designer could ‘‘draw’’ something like that.

What’s really important is that a logo performs it’s job - share a company’s values, voice and feel and emotionally connect with it’s ideal customers. Thus, indirectly helping a business make money! You cannot possibly perform a thorough research (that will show you what and how to ‘‘draw’’) and ask 5 USD for the logo, regardless of your daily life expenses.

For a minimum budget, I would spend at least 6 hours before drawing a single line. I invest that time in: understanding the business, market and competitors (in detail); identifying the ideal customers of that business and what they respond to; coming up with ideas on how to differentiate from competitors. The higher the budget, the more time I can invest in research. The more time I can invest in research, the more effective the logo will be.

And that’s the whole idea, a logo is a small part of a puzzle called ‘‘grow my business’’. It’s not for decorative purposes. And the amount of training, time and the skills you need to achieve that will really not allow anyone ask for a 5 USD.

Yeah, if you’re a kid having a small youtube channel or something and are broke, you could go for a 5 USD logo, no problem. If you’re an actual business person, you should always ask yourself this: is this a good investment or not?

P.S: when you go to buy a pair of shoes, do you choose the cheapest on Earth(not on your local store or something, but on the whole Earth)? It looks like shoes, will take you from point A to point B, will probably fit you. Now, will you do it?

• 10 months later...

Of course, it is a bad joke! I paid two freelancers on Fiverr to make my logo. It was a horrible experience. Then I found on google guys from ArtisticsWork. The results were terrific! I fell in love with my clustertruck logo!!!

While I understand your experience, this is old topic (still relevant, but old).

As a logo designer myself and offering my services on Fiverr I can say that there are great artists here. You just have to do your vetting process in more detail.

While I understand your experience, this is old topic (still relevant, but old).

As a logo designer myself and offering my services on Fiverr I can say that there are great artists here. You just have to do your vetting process in more detail.

Oh, marinapomorac did you mark my comment as spam? I think I have the right to an opinion? I would like to say anyone that designers from Fiverr suck. One of them robbed me! She is a design thief!!!

Oh, marinapomorac did you mark my comment as spam? I think I have the right to an opinion? I would like to say anyone that designers from Fiverr suck. One of them robbed me! She is a design thief!!!

No, I did not.

It was probably MOD since this is old topic.

I think I have the right to an opinion?

Yes you do, but usually reviving old topics is not recommended. Maybe open a new topic about your experience. plus I think you posted an external link that is not allowed.

I would like to say anyone that designers from Fiverr suck.

No comment on this one.

One of them robbed me! She is a design thief!!!

Well, you can’t really expect to get logo under 100$ for small brand or 500$ for small company.

No, I did not.

It was probably MOD since this is old topic.

I think I have the right to an opinion?

Yes you do, but usually reviving old topics is not recommended. Maybe open a new topic about your experience. plus I think you posted an external link that is not allowed.

I would like to say anyone that designers from Fiverr suck.

No comment on this one.

One of them robbed me! She is a design thief!!!

Well, you can’t really expect to get logo under 100$ for small brand or 500$ for small company.

I don’t remember that I asked you anything? Am I? Please stop trying to sell me your service on Fiverr. Maybe I am old school or out dated but not crazy!

I don’t remember that I asked you anything? Am I? Please stop trying to sell me your service on Fiverr. Maybe I am old school or out dated but not crazy!

I don’t remember that I asked you anything?

But you did. You asked all designers and Fiverr forum users to respond to your message by posting it.

When you have an opinion you do not want to get feedback on, you think it in your head and keep it there. When you share it with the world on the forum this is where we communicate, we talk, we elaborate on things.

Please stop trying to sell me your service on Fiverr.

I am not trying to sell anything on the forum, the forum is to help and share experience and opinions, and feedback. Why would you need a logo if you have a logo?

I stated I am a designer because of your remark all designers are frauds here.

You did not order something from all 180000 designers that would give you valuable statistical leverage.

A designer that created the APPLE logo is here on Fiverr, Rob Janoff. You could hire him for your logo, he is a seller just like anyone else here.

It is true that Fiverr, unfortunately, doesn’t have a vetting process and anyone can claim to be a designer. You picked the wrong fish from the pond.

Doesn’t make the pond spoiled.

find a design company with in-house designers.

I AM a design company, lead in-house designer. Fiverr is just one of the platforms to offer my services on.

You are mixing Fiverr with “Fiverr designer”. There are no Fiverr designers.

You have designers offering their services on online platforms, such as Fiverr.

And you have random Joe offering to design logo on Fiverr.

It is clients duty to make proper selection. That is the purpose of the reviews, description, designers brief, portfolio… etc.

A thread necromancer who also slags off the most (over)populated subcategory on Fiverr. It’s quite difficult to try to defend the current overall state of the logo design category, but this seems more of a personal poor experience that didn’t require reviving a thread that died four years ago.

@marinapomorac I know the truth hurts, but I am gonna say it anyway! I will share my poor experience to help warn others about designers on Fiverr

You can share your experience as much as you like - just as we can say that you seem to have a narrow understanding of things - there are bad sellers, yes, but you also need to do your due dilligence.

Also, remember that this is a public forum, so anyone is allowed to share their experiences no matter if you asked them to or not.

You can share your experience as much as you like - just as we can say that you seem to have a narrow understanding of things - there are bad sellers, yes, but you also need to do your due dilligence.

Also, remember that this is a public forum, so anyone is allowed to share their experiences no matter if you asked them to or not.

@vibronx I just use my right to free expression

Archived