Outside Contact Methods for Top Rated Sellers?

epiccoach

I understand the theory behind privacy protection for both buyers and sellers, though not being able to connect with clients outside of fiverr, such as by s***e or phone, really hinders plenty of sellers who would be diligent about keeping payments and delivery through fiverr.

So my suggestion is this - for Top Level Sellers, the hard working individuals who have already passed the “Fiverr Test” and have earned their status - Top Level Sellers should be able to have some form of connecting with fiverr outside of the messaging system. Maybe we could have a Fiverr specific messenger, like oDesk does, or TLS could be allowed to display their s***e name on their fiverr profile or something. That way we can get work done sooner, keep our clients happier and make more money for ourselves and for fiverr.

Whatcha think?

I would like it to be rethought a little.

I understand that they’re trying to keep certain stuff under one roof. It makes sense.

I would only urge a bit of open minded thought about “connections” and “networking.” I’m not suggesting that people unethically go outside the box for compensation. I do think it helps when people can network and connect as a community though.

It’s not necessarily inappropriate what people have in mind by connecting.

There may be a great way sellers could work together to boost one another’s business and it would be good for everyone involved. Of course I’m not talking about going outside for payment, but I’m talking about merely the “personal channels” being open for acceptable collaborations that could see people with an extra advantage and help them more to do really well here.

In general I think that opening up the landscape for “connections” could lead to much increased potential for Fiverr. I understand what they’re trying to do and I’m saying very respectfully that there may be a way to open up certain things to benefit everyone’s potential without being any sort of detriment to Fiverr’s deserved benefit at all.

I’m into this. I’ll follow the rules, but I’d like a tiny bit more openness to be allowed between all these folks.

Incidentally, what if I have a friend who gets into Fiverr based upon my suggestion? If I recruit folks to try, what then? Am I allowed to not talk to a friend who was my friend first? I am just curious and I think open minded clarification would be good.

Again, I get the rules and why they’re important, but I think the situation could be a bit improved for all with some well thought out ideas about how each user could be more open to work with one another.

“Connection” and “Networking” are so important to all kinds of success, and I don’t think it’s any different here.

Anyhow…thanks for listening to my chitter chatter.

kuzzmedia said: Incidentally, what if I have a friend who gets into Fiverr based upon my suggestion? If I recruit folks to try, what then? Am I allowed to not talk to a friend who was my friend first? I am just curious and I think open minded clarification would be good.

In that case you would not need to ask for their contact information through Fiverr, thus violating the TOS. You already know them, so of course Fiverr is not going to say you can no longer talk to a friend that you were talking to outside of Fiverr before, just because they joined Fiverr. That is ridiculous.

What is wrong with communication via the Fiverr messaging system? In my opinion, it's enough in order to do business with buyers/sellers. You don't need to ask for their phone number, facebook information, email address, etc. to talk about business associated with your/their gigs. You can do all of that within the order or through your inbox.

This rule does more good than harm (keeping buyers and sellers safe and such)... actually, I don't see it doing any harm at all!

Archived