Gigs not getting any views all of a sudden [ARCHIVED - REDIRECTED]

finalstep

So I have 17 gigs on Fiverr and most were doing quite well until about 10 days ago. All the gigs were getting a lot of views and I was getting sales on a daily basis. All of a sudden i’m getting virtually 0 views on all of them. All the gigs are still active, I can find them in search, I have not received any negative feedback nor made any changes. This makes absolutely 0 sense to me. I’m talking about every gig going from getting 10+ hits on a daily basis to absolutely 0 over night. I contacted fiverr support and they said everything is fine.

Anyone else experience this or have any idea what could have caused it?

Sheriff’s Note: There are many threads on this topic. An active recent thread as of July 2015 is here in Fiverr FAQ: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/73910/i-am-having-issue-with-my-gig-impressions-views-active-discussion. This topic is now closed.

Last week, the day of the Paypal issue, my sales stopped cold and haven’t picked up yet. I have two small projects, but I was going on three-five a day. I dunno what it is, but hopefully it’s just temporary. I’m still promoting, messing around with the key words, editing, thinking about new gigs … it’s like a plant, some days it’s droopy and needs care, other days it’s blossoming. I can’t predict what will be when though.

Reply to @finalstep: It goes for views as well. There is no “normal” on Fiverr … everyone’s selling experience is different. Some people get thousands of views in a day, some get none! Some get 100 today, and 1 tomorrow! Same for orders.

You will have ups and downs on Fiverr with orders, views, etc.

All you can do is just keep promoting and hope that views/orders pick up again soon.

Also, it may very well be a bug. If you believe this is the case, contact customer support and they can surely tell you if there are issues with views right now or something.

Reply to @finalstep:

If this is for all offers, than it is very serious. I think anyone have added batter service than you. As you says, you have conversation with support. And they say, every things is fine.

I have very new to fiverr so don’t have exact idea but you have to analysis for you offer and try to offer some new gigs to users.

Regards,

MauliC

guys, this is actualy a bug on the fiverr search results, if you notice and search for anything you want (example: youtube views) and you select “new” you will notice that the lastest added gig was 9 days ago wich is impossible on that search terms, now if you go search any other terms its the same thing, even popular terms the last gig added it says it was 9 days ago.

Here is a resume text i found on another forums:

"mainly:

1- after day 25 (january) any new gig that you insert wont show on search results (at all) *(unless you search for the username of the fiverr seller)

2- if you had a gig paused before day 25 (january) and you unpaused it AFTER day 25 (january) (example: day 27,january) it will not show on search results. *(unless you search for the username of the fiverr seller)

So resuming, some people still see their gig on search results, HOWEVER, even if your gig shows on search results it wont be ranking higher because the search results are stuck on the same gigs, so you will lose sales anyways.“

people is saying that their are opening tickets reporting this but fiverr staff refuses to see this as a problem, even new accounts arent able to do gigs because those dont show on search results as search results are freezed.”

, i posted about this bug here so you can read about it carefully:

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/4243/massive-fiverr-bug-that-is-causing-a-big-loss-on-almost-80-of-the-sellers#Item_6

• 3 weeks later...

So all of a sudden my gigs recovered to normal for a week and I got a lot of sales and views. Went from absolutely 0 for over 2 weeks to a ton over night. HOWEVER, a week after that I decided to do some keyword and content modifications (nothing major at all, just making them more targeted and assuring they appear in the body of the gigs) and all of a sudden i’m back to virtually no views overnight!

As I noticed, there are ups and downs. So they are cycles. Sometimes your gig comes to a peak and you will flooded with orders. Sometimes your gig goes down and you won’t get any. They use this system to give every seller an opportunity (My opinion). So I also experienced this once and while.

I’m still under the impression that the search box is flawed simply because of how it blatantly is NOT supposed to show you the most relevant services at the top. Instead chooses it’s own algorithm to rank gigs… which involves putting gigs that have none of your currently search for keywords in the gig title , body , or tags closer to the top versus gigs which actually have relevant keywords present in the title ,description , and tags…

This is their way of making sure the new users get sales?

It also makes sure that even the most non relevant gigs spam your search results in the midst of the ones you are looking for.

According to fiverr staff - The search box is working perfectly. And they are both satisfied and aware of how it currently works.

sigh

I too have dropped in sales (still) for 2 weeks going on 3.

Used to be 3-5 sales every few days now it’s 1-2 sales every 5-6 days.

Something is not right… I personally don’t believe it’s a “cycle” … I honestly think it has something to do with the search function. The longer this goes on suckin… the more it’s going to hurt everyone. I hope they just simplify the search.

If a gig does not have ANY of the keywords you searched for in it’s description or tags whatsoever… … simply exclude it from the search results… is that too hard?

Sure it will put people who know how to SEO their gigs closer to the top… but it can take anyone just a few hours to figure out how to SEO their stuff… don’t penalize people who are doing it right ((chances are those who SEO their stuff will sell more for you anyway fiverr - they are already a few steps ahead of the game. Profit from it!))

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, mates…

This is my first appearing in the forum…

How are you…?

Well, this also happened to me…

My latest gig also has not show any increase in the stats (not getting any views at all)… it’s been a week now… It’s strange, since my other gigs (before this one) got their value in about 2-3 days after I created… But this one… nothing… Eventhough I log out and then I click the gig (not as the owner, I did it for a test), still nothing effect its stats…

Wondering why… Any further infos about this…? :-/

• 1 month later...

I am concerned as well that something is wrong with my gig technically. I am still new to fiverr but I have previously added one gig that got views the next day instantly. My gig that I just added has not gotten any views at all for 3 days and I am not sure if it is a technical problem or just my gig 😦 Glad to see I’m not the only one having problems and I’m not just paranoid. Hopefully we figure something out. http://fiverr.com/pinay86/draw-your-message-with-a-wooden-art-model

I have a same problem with this topic. i have created a gigs on SEO category about 1 week ago, i have 1 complete order and become express gigs. but on my gigs analytic panel, numbers of impressions, clicks, and pageviews are all still at 0. please let me know how to solve this problem.

regards,

kidlink

Archived