How to delete unnecessary messages in inbox

juncolt

Good tip - still though, I think deleting would be a nice option too. Storing millions of unwanted messages definitely takes up server space that Fiverr has to pay for, so it would be win-win for everyone to give us the option to delete old, unwanted messages

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jeffmoses

Deleting would remove any traceability for issues, disputes even legal issues down the line so think the archive option is safest for both fiverr and us 😉

I guess sorta related to this topic, but I have one message stuck in my inbox that I believe was some kind of phishing scam link. When I try to open it so I can archive or just get rid of it, it keeps telling me I can’t access it or whatever. Gah. Annoying to see it in my inbox all the time, but not the end of the world. 😦

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to hear what fiverr excuse is for not having a delete mail option. I know we are all discussing what else we can do but could someone please tell us why this is not an option. I will not strike up any more conversations now in my inbox because of this I will ask people to email my aol account. I don’t want 100 messages. I don’t even want the 5 I have now. cause they are dumb messages from someone who wanted money but couldn’t even answer one simple question. so I am supposing there are a lot of people in here who really cant do what they say they can. and this 5 dollar thing is not for real. you cant get anything done for 5 dollars in here. oh well. a delete button is not to much to ask for. thanks fiverr for blocking up your server by not allowing delete. duh, no brainer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The issue for me is not about deleting the whole message post, as much as being able to organise each message with a seller (or buyer).

For example, I’ve asked questions of a seller to ensure they can provide the service I need, these are now irrelevant. These clog up my messages with this seller, and I’d like to get rid of them.

Fiver (as I can see it), only allows me to archive the whole message block with this particular seller - but there’s info in there I may like to go back to when I place an order in a couple of weeks with the same seller. Not possible - or have I missed something?

• 10 months later...

As a seller Once you delete a message you can not reply client event client want to contact you.you are only able to see client message only. This is a problem with Fiverr system. I have face this problem.

I am working with a buyer. I got an order from them and compleated order successfully. So I have removed(delete message) this client from an inbox. Next few days client send me a message. I am able to see that message but not able to reply to him.

I have contact customer support but they also don’t know what is a problem because maybe he has all permission to check and send a message to every client. where users have only limited access(seller send a message to a buyer who have contacted once).

I have a provide technical solution to technical support of Fiverr and then they able to solve this problem for me.

<b>So not delete message archive it</b>

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Same here. I had a whole bunch of people make me offers and now my inbox is flooded with messages I cant get rid of.

Go into your conversations (Inbox > See all in Inbox), pick all or some conversations for that bar on the top right to appear, then you can trash (or archive) conversations.

delete_conversations.thumb.png.c7b29c64954c4f5fd362a1f311c5b887.png

ETA:

Hi @swagnations I can´t reply to your post for whatever reason, so I´m tagging you so you may be notified.

The steps leading there for me:

1. Click Messages in the top menu bar
  2. Click Inbox on the top right of the shared Notifications / * Inbox* window (don´t skip this step!)
  3. Click the See All in Inbox link at the bottom of the window

If yes, I fear I don´t know why you don´t get that screen. You can always send a ticket to Customer Support if you have questions or encounter any bugs:

https://fiverr.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Archived