Contact outside of fiverr?

jcaronor

Hey guys I have a client that has taken some time to get back to me as far as there instructions go, now with 1 day left they are asking to call me so we can discuss the direction of the gig. I know it’s against ToS so what should I say or do? I don’t want to have a negative rating but my allotted time for said gig is about to expire which also puts more stress on me. Any suggestions?

Do not contact him outside of Fiverr, say in your message this is against the rules. I’d also contact support ahead of time to let them know of any future potential issues. Follow their advice first, it looks to me like this is going to lead to a cancellation.

Honestly, having one late order isn’t going to hurt your reputation, somehow I still got upgraded to level one and the clients didn’t cancel because they knew I was working on it, this person might not cancel for the same reason. But breaking the TOS on the other hand could get you banned. Honestly, I’d say it’s up to you what you’d choose to do, but even in a regular commission situation off-site I would definitely be balking at someone asking me to call them over an online commission! That seems fishy to me, short of someone having a disability that would limit their ability to effectively communicate over the internet text is just fine for discussion purposes.

Honestly, man, it’s just five bucks and a single late order. Don’t stress over it, it’s not worth the stress.

Honestly, having one late order isn’t going to hurt your reputation, somehow I still got upgraded to level one and the clients didn’t cancel because they knew I was working on it, this person might not cancel for the same reason. But breaking the TOS on the other hand could get you banned. Honestly, I’d say it’s up to you what you’d choose to do, but even in a regular commission situation off-site I would definitely be balking at someone asking me to call them over an online commission! That seems fishy to me, short of someone having a disability that would limit their ability to effectively communicate over the internet text is just fine for discussion purposes.

Honestly, man, it’s just five bucks and a single late order. Don’t stress over it, it’s not worth the stress.

Reply to @metruis: that’s incorrect. Going late will hurt your reputation should the seller decide to cancel the order when the 24 hours after the lateness occurred. I appreciate you have been promoted but there are a number of factors that will hurt promotion and lateness is on of them. Head over to the levels page for more info

How about the cases where clients are asking for services, which cost more than $50-$100? And you’re providing services through Fiverr, which cost $5-$20. Is it allowed to contact client directly and give them what they need? Or it’s still against the TOS and you can’t contact buyer outside the Fiverr?

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: let’s say you’re selling cheap ad spots (for $5-$20) on your website through Fiverr, but client need much more expensive spot on your website (let’s say $100-$300). Sure, it’s the same service, but price range is much different than you can expect here. So, how we should act in this case to keep within TOS?

• 9 months later...

Hi, i got my first order, however, my gig was prepared around making a call, It is nt clear how i do this as the buyer sends me a telephone number to contact the person. If i call the person it would be outside of Fiverr contract, so what do you recommend that i do? should I just message the client through Fiverr and recommend a birthday song video. Help pls!

Archived