I'm not really sure about the logic behind ''conflict free orders'' in success score

ch6k0r

So after I've been fighting over my success score stats, I finally got ''Effective Communication'' to disappear from appearing as negative impact, however I am even more confused now because of the ''Conflict Free'' aspect that I need to work on, this gig has over 1500+ orders in its history and here is some stats from the past 2 years (if that's what the success score looks at)

Year 2023:
- Orders: 240
- Cancellations: 3-4 mutually agreed cancellations 

Year 2024:
- Orders: 104
- Cancellations: Zero

I however requested for extending the delivery times multiple times in 2023, probably did it only 4 times this year, but this sparks another question which is:

Why did we get told before that these mutually agreed disputes don't affect our stats? many times I extend the delivery time because the client wants to or they are not replying to my questions, I also had negative impact on delivery time which I thought it was because of extensions, never delivered late.

Meanwhile if revisions are considered conflict that would be wild for creative related work, I don't even need to explain why modifications are unavoidable in artistic projects even if I don't have revisions often.

It's really tiring and confusing at this point how the Ai monitored or automated stats work.

I really appreciate any insights from others who had a similar situation.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ch6k0r said:

Meanwhile if revisions are considered conflict that would be wild for creative related work, I don't even need to explain why modifications are unavoidable in artistic projects even if I don't have revisions often.

In general - creative work is a bit harder to 'rate' for the success score, I think.

I can write 1000 words in a set amount of time.

However, if I send that 1000 words to the client towards the beginning of a project and they don't reply to me for 7 days (this happens frequently enough that it's an issue!) I often get 'stuck' and can't move on with writing. In this case, I have two options: wait and extend the order OR try and finish up without the client's response.

I think you can see how neither is a good option as a creative! 

The problem is that Fiverr doesn't seem to understand these nuances. 

I was ill recently -. so if those extensions end up being an issue, I totally get it. But if the clients need more time for whatever reason (which they often do) I should NOT be the one that takes a hit. 

(and then, obviously, let's not even mention customers who misunderstand what we offer... ) I feel like the margin for error is higher in creative fields in general because there's always a need for more flexibility I suppose? 

I'm just not entirely convinced yet that the success score can pick up on that (yet.)

But then again, we don't see into the system, so who knows.. it could be working well?

• Like 5

- Cancellations: 3-4 mutually agreed cancellations 

I don’t think that cancellation is the factor Fiverr includes in this "conflict-free" metric (since there is already a separate "Order Cancellation Impact" metric for cancellations).

Why did we get told before that these mutually agreed disputes don't affect our stats? many times I extend the delivery time because the client wants to or they are not replying to my questions, I also had negative impact on delivery time which I thought it was because of extensions, never delivered late.

1. I believe it’s more about "conflict of thoughts" and "arguments" in chats. AI can easily detect the "tone" of communication and assess how you’re handling revision requests or deadline extensions.

2. Everyone has revisions and there's nothing wrong with them. The problem comes when fellow sellers have an average of 2 revisions per order and you are having 16. Otherwise 1, 2 or 3 revisions don’t hurt.

So, to conclude, revisions or extending deadlines are not the issue -- but the way you handle them can be an issue.

(This is just my personal opinion and I may be completely wrong, as Fiverr does not disclose what factors are included in this data metric).

• Like 4
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, katakatica said:

In general - creative work is a bit harder to 'rate' for the success score, I think.

I can write 1000 words in a set amount of time.

However, if I send that 1000 words to the client towards the beginning of a project and they don't reply to me for 7 days (this happens frequently enough that it's an issue!) I often get 'stuck' and can't move on with writing. In this case, I have two options: wait and extend the order OR try and finish up without the client's response.

I think you can see how neither is a good option as a creative! 

The problem is that Fiverr doesn't seem to understand these nuances. 

That’s exactly the part that’s constantly stressing me out right now. I’m not sure if the AI is considering the differences between various work categories. Many times, I’ve included bonus elements for my clients as a gesture of thanks for their flexibility, and they’ve always responded positively, often leaving a larger tip. This has turned the time extensions into a highly positive "human" interaction, with both sides gaining more value from the collaboration.

In addition, there are many occasions where we’re forced to extend the order, as you mentioned whether it’s due to an unresponsive client, needing more time for additional requests, or the client needing more time to make a decision.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

I don’t think that cancellation is the factor Fiverr includes in this "conflict-free" metric (since there is already a separate "Order Cancellation Impact" metric for cancellations).

I forgot that part, this leaves me wondering even more about what other parts of the process are considered ''conflict'' since the official description doesn't detail much.

• Like 2

Every time you use Resolution Centre or involve customer support*, it’s a ‘conflict’. 

That’s according to my observations. I have a few newer gigs where it’s easier to track and I remember what happened with any given order. 

I get CS involved in reaching out to unresponsive buyers when I have all the information apart from one tiny thing I can’t deliver without. No one wants an automatic 1* for a late delivery and whatever CS does when reaching out to buyers, it works wonders. I get a response within a few hours after they’ve been ignoring my messages for days. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ch6k0r said:

As far as I know, when we deliver an order to a client and it doesn't meet their expectations, or when we show them a first draft and it doesn't match their expectations, they often provide feedback in an angry tone. AI detects these words and starts to make the order conflict-free from there. On the other hand, if the buyer provides feedback politely, this doesn't happen.

This usually happens when we don't fully understand the buyer's requirements or when we don't communicate effectively to figure out what the buyer exactly needs.

This is my point of view, which I think could be a reason,

AI works under the umbrella of a set algorithm that it has been taught because it lacks emotions and is not humanized. In this sense, everything is possible for AI.

Edited by mrubaid820