Seller delivered late and incomplete - not sure if this is what to expect?

ash_huntly

Question

Hello,

I’ve recently used Fiverr for the first time to get a few beta reads and encountered a weird situation, and wasn’t sure if this was normal. 

I placed an order with a Pro seller which they let me know would be delivered late, and then when it came through the next day they said it still wasn’t done and they would get the rest of it to me “soon” (no specific time) and if I wanted I could request revisions on the delivery, even though there’s not really anything to revise. It feels like just a way to extend the deadline.

I reached out to Fiverr support and they have been zero help and basically told me to tell them my concerns which they would copy and paste to the seller, and are acting as though the order is still ongoing.  

This was a very expensive order for me and I’m honestly just confused. Is this normal?

Thanks.  

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ash_huntly said:

This was a very expensive order for me and I’m honestly just confused. Is this normal?

It's not very normal, as Fiverr always puts penalties on sellers for late orders, so everyone has to be very careful with the deadlines. But, sometimes delays may occur (due to personal issues or an overbooked schedule).

I think the best three options available to you would be:  
1. First and foremost (of course) have clear communication with the seller and set the boundaries (if you have not already).  
2. Wait a few days (if you can afford to extend the deadline) and you can then rate your experience accordingly in reviews.
3. Cancel the order and start from scratch with another seller (which will take time and doesn't guarantee that the other seller will provide the best quality on time).  

So, if you're getting quality work from this seller, then if I were you, I would communicate and wait and then rate the seller accordingly. At least, by waiting, I am getting good results. If you think that the seller will not be able to provide you with the best results (even after delays), then cancellation might be the best option.