Feedback problem

lolloblofeld

Question

Hello everyone, I am desperate, as years of work have been destroyed by a negative review from a fraudulent customer.
This customer basically threatened to leave me a negative review if I did not do more work than he had paid me for. I did not give in to the blackmail and the customer left me a totally fake 1-star review. Not only that, he also insulted me publicly by basically telling me I was racist (never said against him and never would I allow myself because it is not part of my culture and upbringing to be racist). In spite of this, Fiverr's support sees no reason to delete the review, which is instead absolutely against policy, being defamatory and outrageous towards me. What can I do, is there a way to make a formal complaint to fiverr except customer service?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 answers to this question

Unfortunately, you can't do much about this as the buyer has ensured that review does not contain any bad words which can be flagged as policy violation, leading to deletion of the review. And this review is possibly going to appear as top most review on your profile for a few weeks (or months), as bad reviews kind of get pushed to the top.

Best way forward for you can be to complete 8-10 orders with good reviews, so that they will push this review down organically.

Also, I have seen many people on the forum do this and noticed in your response too: You have addressed the buyer as SELLER in your response.

image.png.082cc906220c88e3948a3e7373bf6768.png

So in a way, you're advising people to NOT work with you!! 

• Like 4

Thank you for your reply and for alerting me to the typo. In my eagerness to write a reply as soon as possible, I did not notice the error. I tried to make a request to the customer service system but I have several outstanding requests on the same order and I'm afraid they won't let me change that.
I think this is a very serious thing on the part of Fiverr, which does not protect sellers. I have nothing to say about the bad rating, although I don't think I deserve it since the mistakes he mentions in the review don't exist. But frankly the language used is extremely offensive to me (and frankly I am a historian and an archaeologist, I know what colonialism is and I am absolutely against it as a matter of course).
I honestly don't think I will get any more orders after such a review outside of the ones I already have. I'm sincerely considering leaving Fiverr after this event, because I don't think it's a healthy community, especially if those who are supposed to control it don't really do so, but limit themselves to a series of words marked on a set of rules. Regardless of the comment not being removed, do you know if there is a way to report this to Fiverr except the help desk?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lolloblofeld said:

But frankly the language used is extremely offensive to me (and frankly I am a historian and an archaeologist, I know what colonialism is and I am absolutely against it as a matter of course).

I completely understand and agree with you. 

@ana_tomy Is there some way OP can be helped?? 

Comment about "colonialism" in review doesn't sit right!!

9 hours ago, lolloblofeld said:

Regardless of the comment not being removed, do you know if there is a way to report this to Fiverr except the help desk?

If you had a seller plus premium membership, you could have sought help from your success manager. They are usually helpful in such situations, as they can escalate and explain the situations better to the relevant teams.

But you can request the support on SAME ticket to ask someone senior to look into the matter. A team leader/manager from support team reviewing the issue might be helpful. 

• Like 1