Success Score is a bad thing for Fiverr.

I use to be invested heavily into my account and spent a lot of my time working on improving my account and the relationships I had with the people I worked with on it. Now with this new level system I feel vulnerable and bitter. I want orders but I also don't want orders because if it's a bad customer or if anything is less than ideal my account gets screwed.

I had been a level 2 seller on this site for longer than most people have been on the site period and business was good. Now with this new system I went from level 2 to level 0 to level 1 to level 2 and literally less than a month after I regained level 2 I received a warning that I was in danger of becoming level 1 again. In the span of just a few months my levels went 2>0>1>2>1 after having a level 2 account for 10+ years. You know what the crazy thing is? I haven't completed a new client order in months! When I try to figure out what the hell is going on with my gig I get literally no information (see attached image).

My gig is a 4 and when I look up why it's a 4 it doesn't list a single reason why my gig is one of the lowest on the entire platform.

You know where all of this has left me? I just don't give a shit anymore. I couldn't care less if I had just stayed at level 0 and I certainly wouldn't put in any effort to get to level 1 and beyond. None of the scores make any sense and what I do understand is really concerning about how little protections we get.

It's a shame really, Fiverr use to be a really cool platform.

Capture.PNG

• Up 1

I also have gigs that look like your picture. They do have a score of 8.
They are gigs that sell very little. I suspect that is why they say "There are no specific areas significantly impacting your Gig's score". Is your gig also a gig that has very few sales, or was the last sale for that gig a long time ago?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

I also have gigs that look like your picture. They do have a score of 8.
They are gigs that sell very little. I suspect that is why they say "There are no specific areas significantly impacting your Gig's score". Is your gig also a gig that has very few sales, or was the last sale for that gig a long time ago?

So the last sale on that gig was about 4 months. I wish that wasn't the case of course but short of staying my usual bowl of sunshine I don't know what to do. I don't think the gig is even being counted because my main gig was a 7 and my success score was a 7, now that gig was made a 6 and my success score was downranked to 6 at the same time.

8 minutes ago, dereck_s said:

So the last sale on that gig was about 4 months. I wish that wasn't the case of course but short of staying my usual bowl of sunshine I don't know what to do. I don't think the gig is even being counted because my main gig was a 7 and my success score was a 7, now that gig was made a 6 and my success score was downranked to 6 at the same time.

I think my top-selling gigs aren't allowing me to increase my score.

None of my top-selling gigs have a score of 10. They have an 8 or 9. I've been working on selling more orders from my other gigs for months now. That way, the number of reviews for my less popular gigs increases and the gap between my popular gigs and the less popular gigs becomes smaller.

Unfortunately, this is going to take a long time before I know if it has any effect.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, dereck_s said:

I use to be invested heavily into my account and spent a lot of my time working on improving my account and the relationships I had with the people I worked with on it. Now with this new level system I feel vulnerable and bitter. I want orders but I also don't want orders because if it's a bad customer or if anything is less than ideal my account gets screwed.

I had been a level 2 seller on this site for longer than most people have been on the site period and business was good. Now with this new system I went from level 2 to level 0 to level 1 to level 2 and literally less than a month after I regained level 2 I received a warning that I was in danger of becoming level 1 again. In the span of just a few months my levels went 2>0>1>2>1 after having a level 2 account for 10+ years. You know what the crazy thing is? I haven't completed a new client order in months! When I try to figure out what the hell is going on with my gig I get literally no information (see attached image).

My gig is a 4 and when I look up why it's a 4 it doesn't list a single reason why my gig is one of the lowest on the entire platform.

You know where all of this has left me? I just don't give a shit anymore. I couldn't care less if I had just stayed at level 0 and I certainly wouldn't put in any effort to get to level 1 and beyond. None of the scores make any sense and what I do understand is really concerning about how little protections we get.

It's a shame really, Fiverr use to be a really cool platform.

Capture.PNG

I had the same problem as you, when I got level 1 my score was 10. I am completing many orders with clients and reviews and good 5 stars even after that the success score is coming to 5. How can I increase it now?

I've said this before and will continue to say it - the success score doesn't take us and our clients being humans into account. 

Clients don't want us to send them prewritten messages (I've seen several people complain about that here before!) they want human connection. However, human connection isn't necessarily what effective communication seems to be. 

I refuse to remind my clients to leave reviews (or ask them why they left X once they've left a ',bad' one. I also often work with people who can't explain what they want to start with and I need to make major modifications to cater to them. This means that my inboxes have 'this is bad / not what I want' in them more often than I'd like. 

Not my fault- but I do bend over backwards to make sure people get what they want (within reasonable limits.) And yet, apparently, my clients who come back often are dissatisfied. 

I'm not saying I'm perfect because misunderstandings happen from my side as well (if people purchase X but want Y understanding that is tricky for me sometimes, etc.) but isn't it the end product that matters?

While I think the success score is a good idea in theory I feel like it's not... great? Like there's still a lot of things to iron out with it (which is a concern when, you know - some people's livelihoods depend on it.

My score is a 9 - but I have a hunch that it might dip a bit (or on some gigs) after some orders from my current batch will be finished so... we'll see what happens. 

• Like 3

I see you're currently at Level 2, which means your success score average should now be above 7.

So, if one of your gigs is around 4 and another is around 8, but the average comes out to 7, it says they consider a factor that I call 'density of gigs'.

If you notice that number changing throughout the month without any activity, it likely means the only variable at play; is 'time'. This might be due to the '2-year window' they account for. For example, if your success score dropped, a well-rated order from earlier may have fallen out of that window.

There could be another factor too—I've seen speculation on the forums that the new Fiverr algorithm also considers your competition's activity.

I don't like the new algorithm either. But when I think about it, I remember how certain accounts from specific countries used to manipulate the system and mess up the market. Some are still around, but with this new system, they're dwindling over time, and that gives me some hope.

I mean... I'm starting to think I just need to give it some time before I make a desicion. 

• Support 1