Banned account

millieto99

Question

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the banning of my account. About 3 months ago, my account got flagged because '' I was trying to falsely increase my ratings''.
I contacted CS multiple times without a clear explanation. Fast forward, 2 months later, this is the explanation I got:

''Hello again,

Thanks for writing back to us.

We discovered that the aforementioned orders are against our terms of service, which prohibit using our product tools improperly to manipulate the reviews and ratings associated with your account. Since all reviews must originate from actual sales, these cautions will not be removed.

Additionally, we noticed that there was a misuse of the delivery button. 
To be considered complete, every delivery must contain all the materials the buyer requested, even if they were provided in a prior delivery. 

We recommend always including a screenshot or video showing that you fulfilled the services offered in your Gig.

If you need more time or additional information from the buyer, you can request an extension by clicking the 'Extend Delivery Date' button. Extending the deadline may clear a late status if enough time is added.

I hope I was able to clarify this and if you have any further questions, I am here.
Kind regards.''

I have been a lot of my orders that way for the past 2.5 years. How come that was never addressed in the past? I still do not understand the first part: '' Since all reviews must originate from actual sales, these cautions will not be removed.'' - all of my reviews did come from actual sales? Can someone explain this to me? Is there something that can be done about it. 

Edited by millieto99

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, millieto99 said:

I still do not understand the first part: '' Since all reviews must originate from actual sales, these cautions will not be removed.'' - all of my reviews did come from actual sales? Can someone explain this to me? Is there something that can be done about it. 

They have an automated system that seems to check for "suspicious purchases" or "dishonest orders" (according to their video that they used to have). So it uses different algorithms/machine learning and tries to detect what sequences of actions lead to one of those types of orders and which sequences are okay orders, and tries to distinguish it. But the algorithm isn't totally accurate. In the youtube video they were saying how they were going back and forth with Fiverr staff to make it more accurate (eg. 75% accurate then 80% etc.). It's also trying to check for actions that they haven't already identified manually as leading to dishonest purchases, so some things it detects might incorrectly be flagged still as false orders when they're not (eg. if they're looking at similar issues to the known dishonest ones but even though those similar areas haven't been manually specified as known dishonest ones).

As for what you can do about it, if there was nothing you did wrong try going back to customer support and explaining that, asking them to look at it again manually, asking to speak to someone else/escalating it if needed. Ask them for the specific actions that they think you did wrong on those orders (they might not tell you though and might be just relying on their automated algorithm, even though it won't be totally accurate), but if you did nothing wrong it's worth persevering to try to get the warning(s) removed/account restored. You could show them screenshots of the order page and maybe inbox page for those orders showing how you worked on the orders normally, and that they were valid orders.

If you can't contact them through the helpdesk you could contact them through support@fiverr.com

2 hours ago, millieto99 said:

I have been a lot of my orders that way for the past 2.5 years. How come that was never addressed in the past?

If you think it wasn't explained fully in help pages re: deliveries/delivering revisions (or it was explained differently by different Fiverr staff/help pages) you could explain that to them and see if it  could help (maybe the help pages don't fully explain that). Fiverr also says in the help pages it's okay to use a link in the delivery instead of Fiverr attachments if there's some technical issue for it (ie. that its okay to use dropbox if there's a technical reason (see https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010639437-Delivering-an-order). At some point they added an option for buyers after "not ready to accept delivery" where one of the options is something like "I received a partial delivery". So them pressing that might have got the order flagged and looked at.

Edited by uk1000