Is Fiverr a waste of time for designers?

velmiar

Question

I've been struggling to get my first gig on Fiverr. I have won several prestigious national and international design awards and could easily land a high-paying job at a firm, but I'm passionate about freelancing. My friends who are experienced freelancers recommended Fiverr as a platform where I could consistently find work. However, I haven't been successful so far. Am I wasting my time? How long did it take you to get your first gig after joining the platform, and how did it contribute to your freelancing journey? I'd appreciate any insights you can share.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

Why don't you kick start your profile by getting social contacts to order from you on Fiverr? Since you have received awards, I don't think it will be that hard to get the first few order going trough them. Then, with those order, you can ensure that your gig previews are of industry standards (since you know your way around design I think you know how to setup a proper preview.

I think you have a golden oppertunity due to the fact that you are experienced and probably are able to get alot of clients. But don't expect it will be easy to do. 

By personally viewing your profile, I don't really find anything that screams "look, i'm an award winning professional" You need to stand out, and have patience.
These are just some toughts while briefly scanning your message and profile.

• Like 1