How do you handle multiple projects?

Kesha

One of the most challenging things about freelancing is juggling multiple projects and deadlines at once. 

Based on your experience, do you have any tips or best practices on how to manage deadlines and deliverables without burning out? Have you found any specific softwares, programs, time management systems, or personal boundaries that help you stay on track?

Share your hacks with the community below!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I keep my entire planning under control through the RTO function. This allows me to decide when I can deliver something.

I let all my projects overlap and there is a safety margin on the delivery date. This allows me to adjust delivery times easily.

I put everything in an Excel file. This is much more visual than Fiverr's simple list of active orders.

Below is my current schedule. It is not extremely busy right now because I only have 25 orders. Last year in August, the record was 48. With my Excel list, I was able to keep track of all 48 orders and everything was delivered on time.

image.png.fbd481f914af724f5b222a2788d1d9c0.png

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Although, I do not have 40 or 50 active orders like many sellers have -- but still, I use Trello for project management and future planning of all kinds. I have categorized projects (and my to-do list) into different sections like Queued orders, Active orders, Completed orders (pending approval) and even the entire order history -- with all details inside those tiles, including client name, quote, details, etc.

Also, for active orders -- with the help of an external extension, it gives me a "live countdown", so I can keep track of the deadlines.

image.png.879f92e848d28919b6389b48afa7ff7f.png

• Like 5