Giving out e-mail address

yolanda_rother

Question

Hello everyone. I am a new seller on fiverr and buyers have asked me a couple of times for my e-mail address. My question: Do you have to give them your e-mail address? I am new here so is this something you have to do because of your level? I am very careful and don’t want to give out personal information. Also, I was very suspicious when I received those messages. 

Thank you in advance for helping me! 

1 answer to this question

Hey there @yolanda_rother 

Please know that requesting or providing email addresses, third party messaging applications, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted. Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page. Take a moment to get familiar with Fiverr's Terms of Service. Any violation of Fiverr’s Terms may be a cause for permanent suspension of account.

In addition, we strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Always report the users who ask for personal information to our Customer Support. You can open a ticket at https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new or send an email to support@fiverr.com. 

We appreciate your understanding.