Category flooded with nearly identical gigs

Hello all! I’m reaching out to get some advice/ see if anyone is more in the know than me.

In the last couple of weeks, I’ve seen dozens of nearly identical looking gigs pop up (and gain traction) in my area of Business Naming & Slogans. Title, pricing, cover photos (though the individuals headshot is different of course) and gig descriptions are almost exactly the same across them all.

Many mention services they don’t offer, ie: specifically website design. I notice some reviews even mention how their website design is great.. though it is not offered in the gig, as an add on or under a separate gig on the page.

Any idea where this is coming from? Is it the Fiverr Kickstarter program? Of course, could be natural but given the similarity and timing, it feels odd.

I’m Pro and TRS and my orders have plummeted. Lowered my prices and running a sale. 

Cheers & thanks for any insights y’all may have.

Edited by schuylerhale1
grammar

I have noticed a few similar gigs too, where reviews talk about a different category altogether. 

I believe meksells have been changing the category and service offerings of their existing gigs to migrate to lesser competitive/high demand categories. Also saw a few of them advising each other on the forum to do this.  

@ana_tomy @Kesha Is it possible for the backend team to block the option to change the vertical and service offering of a published gig?? May be make it permanent like gig URL.  

• Like 2