Is there a mega-thread for all Scam tactics?

qa_shanky

Question

Hello community, 
I've seen many questions on forum asking "if this is a scam" and made me wonder if there should be a mega-thread on which everyone can share the scam-tactics they were exposed to. That way maybe we can all stay vigilant and updated with all the new scams tactics popping up almost daily.

PS: Disregard the post if such mega-thread already exists 

Will share what I've witnessed myself.
Attached 2 out of 7 scam attempts made on me since I've joined Fiverr, only these chat info are currently available

4 answers to this question

Hey there @qa_shanky 

One of the certain ways to know it is a scam is the request for payment or other personal information, including email. We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information. If you encounter scammers in the future, please report them immediately to our Customer Support so that we can take the appropriate steps. Please do not publicly share their usernames here on the Forum as it goes against our Rules. 

Thank you. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lena said:

Please do not publicly share their usernames here on the Forum as it goes against our Rules. 

Thank you Lena for replying on the thread,
Understood, I will make sure to remember that.

2 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Well, it's a good idea, I might do that, or maybe other members might do one as well 🙂 

Superb ! I am sure it will be of great help to new or even seasoned sellers on platform.