Cheap packages for complex projects

joshykeys

Question

I’ve been facing an issue where buyers consistently choose my cheapest package on my gig, even when their project requirements clearly go beyond the scope of that package. This leads to disputes that take around four days to settle, but my delivery time is 24 hours, so it often causes delays and frustration on both sides.  

Does anyone have tips on how to handle this situation effectively? Will late delivery affect my success score in this instance? How can I communicate the scope of each package better or prevent buyers from choosing the wrong package? Any advice on speeding up the dispute resolution process would also be appreciated! 

Thanks in advance

• Haha 1

1 answer to this question

I have a question in my requirements along the lines of "please check to verify your project fits the choosen package, if checked, you accept that extra costs might be in place if extra work needs to be done"

And to me it's simple, you(buyer) buy the wrong package, we have to change it now in order for me to be rewarded the proper amount of money, idk how that can take 4 days. just make your messaging better I guess? like for example:

Thank you for your order, I did notice that X does not fit under the package you have ordered. To fix this issue, we have to upgrade your package to fit the right price range. Please let me know if this is ok, or we have to cancel our project! My apologies for any inconvienence. 

Something like that. If it keeps happening and you are done with it, I think you can turn on a function in which a buyer has to contact you first. that way they can't place the order themself.

14 minutes ago, joshykeys said:

Will late delivery affect my success score in this instance?

Simply, yes.

14 minutes ago, joshykeys said:

How can I communicate the scope of each package better or prevent buyers from choosing the wrong package?

In your description and package overview, you can also clear stuff up in the FAQs. You could also try and fit something into the requirements. Other than that its just that buyers have to give it a better look, which isn't something you can do something to improve that.