Could this be a scummy customer?

I've just gotten my first order on my gig of making 3D models for the game Minecraft a few days ago. FYI I separate my packages into 3 difficulty levels with corresponding prices. I have mentioned in my gig description that customers are required to MESSAGE ME IN ADVANCE before ordering so I could suggest them which package to choose.

So this customer just went straight to the chase and ordered a $10 package on Sep 29th around 6/7 AM. One order would usually take a day to complete, but since I was busy that day until the evening, I didn't even know that someone had placed an order that day until 7 PM when I visited Fiverr site. I rushed to make this crown the buyer requested but told them that I could not finish the hat before the 30th, and asked them to accept a delivery extension. To which they had not accepted until 1st of October even though they were occasionally ONLINE, making me unable to deliver model I finished on the 30th.

And they wouldn't even have accepted the extension request had I not urged them constantly to do so. The moment they accepted the request, immediately I sent the files they asked and waited for thoughts and feedback. None came in. Buyer was occasionally online and I checked up on them to see if there's anything else they need but still no response. They won't mark the order as complete too. Hearing horror stories about scummy customers canceling orders after getting files, I'm getting anxious myself. The order would complete itself on October 4th, 10.48 PM my time and I'm scared that they will cancel the order and run off with the money shortly before the scheduled completion. Thoughts?

25 minutes ago, dogtorbloo said:

I've just gotten my first order on my gig of making 3D models for the game Minecraft a few days ago. FYI I separate my packages into 3 difficulty levels with corresponding prices. I have mentioned in my gig description that customers are required to MESSAGE ME IN ADVANCE before ordering so I could suggest them which package to choose.

At least half of the buyers don't read the gig and package descriptions properly, it's common for them order randomly. 

26 minutes ago, dogtorbloo said:

The order would complete itself on October 4th, 10.48 PM my time and I'm scared that they will cancel the order and run off with the money shortly before the scheduled completion. Thoughts?

Sometimes they order and later change their mind or their needs change but some people decide not to converse or go through the ordeal of seeking refund/cancellation. I feel this order will just get auto-completed and you will get paid. 

• Facepalm 2

41 minutes ago, dogtorbloo said:

I have mentioned in my gig description that customers are required to MESSAGE ME IN ADVANCE before ordering so I could suggest them which package to choose.

Unfortunately, that is not how Fiverr works. It is by design that buyers can purchase on demand, unless, you subscribe to "Seller Plus" at the higher level and turn on "request to order" which takes away the ability to order without you first having a conversation and sending an offer. The problem is that it is about the only feature of "Seller Plus" that has any value, and it is overpriced, which is why most sellers don't seem to be using it. 

So, you can get want you want, but it will cost you $468 per year, plus tax. 

• Up 1

Thanks for your insights @priyank_mod @newsmike 
Even as a customer I would always message a seller about their current situation so it's quite troublesome to have people ordering at sudden times. And I guess I have to change how my packages are structured...
Would editing packages affect anything regarding my gig's SEO and visibility?

Edited by dogtorbloo