Buggy verification software - a way that works

desmond_aubery

Dear Colleagues,

I was requested to verify myself by Fiverr yesterday - within 14 days - or be booted by the platform. Scary message - especially when you are in the middle of two huge projects. They really do need to soften their approach - more diplomacy required.

Anyway, the verification software is really buggy.

The app has difficulty accessing the device camera and a cryptic message talks about setting camera permissions. All well and good, but nothing fixes that - no matter what mobile device is tried. The one phone that I have never had problems with for verification on numerous platforms and banks - had the same bug.

The workaround:
Make sure that Google and its browser have permission to use the camera. Then, when the buggy message displays, go down to the Browser link. The screen comes up very large, so shrink that to to display extents. The rest follows fairly easily. Google accesses the camera.

I lodged a support ticket and suggested that a message be provided as a workaround for the camera bug.

Hope this helps folks who may be struggling. It cost me a great deal of time and lost sleep to work around. I really wish the programmer had properly alfa/beta tested before releasing such critical, yet terminally buggy, software. 

• Up 2