I blocked a buyer after trying to make him go away with an excuse

arpan_singh

Question

Hello Fiverr. I am in dilemma and I need some clarity. So, there is this client / buyer whose tone is kinda cold / rude. But regardless, we discussed about the work to be done and the order was placed. He is a brand new buyer account by the way. So, after placing the order, he asked me for updates on his order the next day, but the order's deadline was 4 days away almost. I asked him to wait for a day for his update because I am already working on two other orders. He replied with "I hope I like it, I dont want to go and find someone other for the work". This also came as a bad taste to me as he was already impressed with my portfolio work. I just didnt want to work with him at that time now. So, I told him that I will be going away in a few days for a couple of weeks (just an excuse ) and I wont be able to work for sometime for his next orders (which he planned to place), so its better to lets mutually cancel this order and you can find a new artist which can give you a consistent output for all his orders.
He said its okay, I will wait and will work with you only. I was just not getting the right vibes from him. Then I told him, lets cancel the order, you have your money back. You can place the order after I make your 3d model and after you are completely happy with it. He agreed and we mutually cancelled the ordered. But, actually I dont want to work with him, and since now, I have no active orders with him, I blocked him.
Will this get me or my account in trouble in any way? Please community let me know, Its 3 am thinking about it.

1 answer to this question

So the short answer as I know it is that cancelling an order for any reason hurts your account. That's taking money out of Fiverr's wallets and well .....they don't like that. New buyers especially are important to Fiverr and they always get that private survey asking how an order went. If you score low on that it can be devastating to your account. I hope it doesn't happen of course.

I really wish we could get "Request To Order" as a standard feature with Fiverr as it's pretty crucial I feel to a seller's success on the platform.