Many fake musicians using AI generated music (and conversations)

filip_melodies

Question

Hello folks,

I've worked with a few amazing singers on Fiverr in the past, and a couple of days ago I returned to record some vocals, but this time I wanted to try a lower price category. I begun discussing with nearly 30 singers I started running some test with a few of them to check the sound quality of their recordings while also hearing which of the voices would match the song..

I was astounded by the results that they sent me.. In stead of sending me their 10 seconds vocal samples, they all sent me full songs that had nothing to do with it, saying that it was based on my description. Their answers also seemed overly AI-generated and unatural.

Anyone else got such experiences ? I am glad I run some free tests before actually paying for anything. These were all from a low price category without previous experiences. I should have presumed so, but I couldn't have imagined such an infestation of scam accounts.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

Oh my God. Yes! I thought I was going crazy 🤣 I work as a ghostwriter primarily for hip hop. Last week my boy created his first EDM/DRUM AND BASS beat and I thought it would be a fun surprise to rap on it and also get a singer on the hook. I rapped my verses and wrote a hook that I wanted sung by a singer.  The hook is only 4 lines so I decided to look at the newer singers on the site. I found a singer on Fiverr - sent her the beat, the lyrics and the audio reference. What I got back sounded like it was AI generated audio and it wasn't even on the original beat I had sent. I tried out a second singer - same thing. I guess I will have to wait till payday and order from one of the more established sellers I have worked with in the past.