A real example: Success score - Order cancellations - Strong negative impact --> Strong positive impact

filipdevaere

Today I was unexpectedly and pleasantly surprised. What happened? Here is my story.

A first-time buyer places an order on August 31st. The buyer wants me to write a user manual for a product that she was selling in the Netherlands. The delivery date is scheduled for September 30th, and the start date for me is September 23rd. The waiting time is long, the buyer has to wait 4 weeks because I cannot start immediately. That was no problem for the buyer.

The buyer contacts me on September 14th and tells me that they have stopped selling the product. Apparently, there were quite a few problems with the product. The buyer obviously wants to cancel the order, which is understandable.

Of course, I have no choice but to accept the cancellation. My worst fear was that the gig that now had a score of 9 would drop drastically. I decided to keep an eye on the score.

The next day I already noticed that the key areas impacting the score were updated. The score remained at 9 (which is good), but “Order cancellations” has been added and is in red with the message “Strong negative impact”. Because I know that the score is adjusted slowly, I have not taken any action yet.

image.png.256b864c416b0009e41d951c23c6e2ec.png

After 4 days, the score remains at 9, but “Order cancellations” is still “Strong negative impact”. So it was time to contact Customer Support. I created a ticket, explained the story of the cancellation and asked them (because the cancellation was not my fault) to correct the situation.

I am a Pro Verified seller and also have Seller Plus Premium. I have priority with customer support. I never have to wait long and always get an answer from a real person (no chatbot). This time I got an answer after an hour, and that was very fast.

They removed my cancelled order from impacting my Order Completion Rate and also told me the following:

image.png.7adc7ed44315bda0bdecee5e08f9eae4.png

My Order Completion Rate was indeed adjusted, the gig score remained at 9 and unfortunately, I still noticed “Order cancellations” with a “Strong negative impact”.

Today (September 29) I looked at the details of this gig again and I saw that the “Order cancellations” has been adjusted to “Strong positive impact”. Everything is OK again.

image.png.09b53bad35201983eded544ae63c8543.png

I advise anyone in a similar situation to contact customer support. It is possible to update the Order cancellations rating.

• Like 11
  • Up 3
  • Insightful 2

Just now, abdul_fardaus said:

I have completed the order with many five-star reviews and the client is quite satisfied with me still these elements of mine are showing a negative impact. Can I get help from the Fiverr support team in this regard? Following any process I can get a fair solution.

No, CS will not help you with something like that.

The example is about an order that the buyer canceled and that the seller is not to blame for. This is completely different from your situation,

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Support 1

3 minutes ago, abdul_fardaus said:

I have completed the order with many five-star reviews and the client is quite satisfied with me still these elements of mine are showing a negative impact. Can I get help from the Fiverr support team in this regard? Following any process I can get a fair solution.

Screenshot_43.png

This way everyone will get their success score RECTIFIED by the support team and make it perfect 10 in no time!! 🥳

You missed the gist of Filip's entire post. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

12 minutes ago, abdul_fardaus said:

I have completed the order with many five-star reviews and the client is quite satisfied with me still these elements of mine are showing a negative impact.

Private reviews must give you negative impact scores in customer satisfaction and communication. Such scores are due to your error, not the buyers. Therefore, the problem is yours and is yours to correct. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, grayprogrammerz said:

I always had question in mind, how severity is calculated.

It depends on the overall number of orders for a specific gig. 

If you have hundreds of orders, then it won't be too strict. 

I have a gig with 15 orders in 2 years, and one customer managed to drop it from 10 to 8 with one order. 

In addition, orders from new customers weigh more than those from regulars. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1