The system is charging for clicks on gigs that aren't being promoted

Even though I've had problems with promoted gigs in the past, I thought I'd try it again this week. I came across a new problem.

I only have one gig being promoted, and I haven't had an order through or made an offer for it since I began the promotion.

The other day, someone messaged me through a different gig that I'm not promoting. I sent them a custom offer through that gig...that I'm not promoting. They accepted the offer and I now have an active order. However, the system is marking it as being "promoted."

It makes me wonder how accurate the system is in general--how many times gigs that aren't being promoted have been clicked on and accounts charged for it.

It only makes sense to turn it back off.

promoted.png

originalmessage--.png

inaccuratepromoted--.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Facepalm 1

You could report it as a bug at the help desk as it might be more likely to get seen and checked there.

What would happen though if they clicked on your "Be your warm..." promoted gig and then in the same session clicked on your "I will record a female voice over..." gig (eg. after scrolling down to the bottom of the other gig and seeing that gig's link/image) and then messaged about that and accepted the offer that was sent for that. Would Fiverr count that as an order as part of the promotion of the "Be your warm..." gig? Maybe you could ask your buyer which gig of yours they'd clicked on first (and whether they'd seen "Ad" next to it). Though they shouldn't count it as an order for the other gig as it isn't (though maybe it could have been an order that was made from clicking the other gig first, before the gig they bought).

edit: Though since it didn't say "Promoted" in the original message from the buyer maybe my message above can't be correct about what could have happened. Fiverr staff should be able to check.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1