How does a highly experienced consultant get started on Fiverr?

mark_breneman

Question

I am new to Fiverr. (wave) This is an honest question, that I hope does not come off as entitled. I have 27+ years of experience working on over 1000 digital projects. I have spent the last 14 years working in a very large organization doing in-person or Zoom-based project consulting and/or coaching. I would like to offer my services via Fiverr. I am starting to wonder if Fiverr is not a great match for me.

The problem I am seeing is that the tools I need to do consulting are not available at Level 0.

• Paid Consultations start at Level 2. So, how can I do consultations at level 0?
  • I would like to use the charging hourly model with clients, but that is a pro level. I doubt a brand-new Level 0 account will be approved into the Pro program without a score for Success, Rating, and Response rate. 
  • Subscriptions start at Level 1; though not as critical as the other items, it is an offering I have for my non-Fiverr clients. 

Do I offer an unrelated service to consulting to build up my scores and get to higher levels? 

Do I shoehorn consulting into packages to start with? Basic = 30-minute Initial Consulting Meeting - Limit 1, Standard = 1-hour Consulting meeting. (Buy 5 of them for 5 hours of consulting?) Premium = 10-hour pack of meeting time offered at a discount?

I don't want to break the rules. I want to play nice and work within the system. From what I am seeing, Level 0 is more or less forced to sell a service as a product. 

Please help me understand how to navigate this.

Thanks

• Like 5

6 answers to this question

Even at level 0, you can initiate a Zoom call from within an order from one of your gigs. Zoom's integrated into Fiverr's system, but I've found the client doesn't get the invitation when you start the session by pressing that button. So, what I do is press that button, then copy paste the invitation link from the session into the order chat for the client.

This option doesn't integrate with your Google calendar like the consultation option does, though.

I've also found the actual Fiverr consultation you aren't qualified to offer to be wonky. I cannot remember what else about didn't work right, and there was more, but you can't even make a proper description of the service with the 100-something or so character limit.

video call.png

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 5
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

@mark_breneman   Nice to hear from you.  Yo're clearly a very talented guy

Have you considered applying for Fiverr Pro?  Whilst it will not impact on your seller level. It will let your potential customers know that you're a serious player in the field.  I'm not sure if there are openings for digital marketers, but it's worth a shot.  Also, consider joining the seller plus program where you have access to a success manager.  They may be able to fight your corner when it comes to getting the Zoom function added.   I use it every day and find it invaluable for the onboarding of my customers.

Good luck in your journey 

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Support 2

9 hours ago, mark_breneman said:

I doubt a brand-new Level 0 account will be approved into the Pro program without a score for Success, Rating, and Response rate. 

It is possible for a new account to get approved as a PRO Seller, provided your credentials are compelling enough (which I believe they are) and your category is open to receiving PRO applications. 

9 hours ago, mark_breneman said:

I have spent the last 14 years working in a very large organization doing in-person or Zoom-based project consulting and/or coaching. I would like to offer my services via Fiverr.

I can't see any published gigs on your profile. So I'm assuming your gigs are yet to get approved/published. My recommendation would be to start new gigs in the "consulting category for marketing", that might just be the apt fit for you. https://www.fiverr.com/cp/marketing-strategy-freelancers 

In case you have the option to create a "Pro Gig" on page 1 of gig creation process, you should choose it. 

• Like 6
  • Up 2

9 hours ago, breals said:

@mark_breneman   Nice to hear from you.  Yo're clearly a very talented guy

Have you considered applying for Fiverr Pro?  Whilst it will not impact on your seller level. It will let your potential customers know that you're a serious player in the field.  I'm not sure if there are openings for digital marketers, but it's worth a shot.  Also, consider joining the seller plus program where you have access to a success manager.  They may be able to fight your corner when it comes to getting the Zoom function added.   I use it every day and find it invaluable for the onboarding of my customers.

Good luck in your journey 

@breals First off, Thank you. 

Could you tell me more about the Seller Plus program and its function in onboarding customers? I don't see a place to sign up for it.

Thank you,

-Mark 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

It is possible for a new account to get approved as a PRO Seller, provided your credentials are compelling enough (which I believe they are) and your category is open to receiving PRO applications. 

I can't see any published gigs on your profile. So I'm assuming your gigs are yet to get approved/published. My recommendation would be to start new gigs in the "consulting category for marketing", that might just be the apt fit for you. https://www.fiverr.com/cp/marketing-strategy-freelancers 

In case you have the option to create a "Pro Gig" on page 1 of gig creation process, you should choose it. 

@priyank_mod I'm working towards getting my first Gig published. I've run into questions about how to package and sell consulting. 

Wanting to learn: I am curious as to why you recommend the "consulting category for marketing." (That was one of the future categories I intended to explore later.) I was planning on starting in one of the technology-related categories, but I see that they focus more or less on product delivery. 

The gigs I am planning on offering initially are: 

• Digital Project Coaching/Consulting (Help you start and ship a project.)
  • Untangle Your Digital Project – Get Back on Track! (Stepping in after a project failed and getting it launched.)
  • Fractional Director of Technology and Marketing  (offering the services I did for many years on a part-time, limited-term basis to smaller organizations.)

-Thanks, Mark

• Like 2