Why have my Gig request messages stopped?

jason__perryman

I've been doing rather well since I started my profile earlier this year. If some weeks I'd have no requests, another week I'd have 1-2 messages so on average I was doing well. This was all with me not even completing my profile and all I had on it was a basic showreel. I'd get jobs from these gig requests too.

Then about 2 months ago I started to upload my work, which at that point was 4 videos of my videography/editing Fiverr gigs and other projects that I had made. I got 1 gig request message about 2 weeks after. 

Then I had my first unhappy customer from here who I had a falling out with. They came online with their PRO account for the first time in a few weeks the day after we had our last communication. They've never been on here since. 

About 2 weeks after this I got just 1 more gig message request. It's been a few weeks since that last message and still nothing. So the gig message request has gone dry. 

I'm trying to figure out why. 

Is it that after I uploaded just a handful of videos, that this may somehow effect the gig requests? (The work is fine that I put up.)

Could this unhappy client have signed in to their Pro account and done something to harm my work? Like report me for what happened to them and me outside of this site? Could their Pro account have allowed them to have a certain influence or position with Fiverr to get my profile blacklisted in some way? 

Or is it all a coincidence and it could be other reasons such as it's just maybe the time of year that affects work? (August - September.)

I uploaded a lot more videos today with more to come later. Not sure if that will make things better or not. It's weird that I got offers of work without having anything but a showreel to start with so I wonder that by taking down all my videos actually it could even have a positive effect and get me back to the original quantity of work offers?

• Like 2