Best Practices for Politely Requesting Reviews from Clients

a1_cad

Question

Hi everyone,

I’d like to ask for advice on how to politely request reviews from clients without violating Fiverr’s rules. I want to ensure my clients are aware of the option to leave feedback without coming across as pushy.

What are some effective strategies for encouraging clients to leave a review after completing an order? I want to maintain a positive relationship with my clients while making sure my gig gets the visibility it deserves.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, a1_cad said:

What are some effective strategies for encouraging clients to leave a review after completing an order?

You can politely ask for an honest feedback. It's not prohibited. 

But please note that Fiverr notifies customers many times (3-4 times for sure).  

Your additional request can result in some "honest" feedback from an angry buyer, who doesn't want to leave it for some reason. 

• Like 1
  • Up 3
  • Insightful 2

I don't want to disturb people. They know very well they can leave feedback. My success manager said I have fewer private reviews and that affects my exposure on the platform. But why would I disturb my long term clients and force them to leave a review? Many of them ignore Fiverr messages to leave a review, if they see me asking for one, they might ignore that too.  

And I agreewith @vovkaslovesnyy. You can also trigger a bad review from a buyer if you're not careful.

• Like 1
  • Up 2
  • Insightful 2

To encourage reviews politely, you can thank the client for their business and let them know how much their feedback helps you improve. For example:

"Hi [Client’s Name], I’m glad I had the opportunity to work with you! If you're happy with the results, your feedback would be greatly appreciated. It helps me improve and provides visibility for my gig. Thank you!"

This approach keeps things professional without being pushy.

• Like 1