What’s your best Fiverr Advice?

Kesha

Calling all the seasoned Fiverr pros! Based on your experience on the platform, what’s one piece of advice you’d give to fellow users, whether a seller or buyer, who want to level up their Fiverr game?

Drop your wisdom below! 

• Like 36
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

'Deliver exactly what your gig says you're going to do. '

Don't take any shortcuts, because your customers are more savvy than you know.  They will pick up on any error you make, especially if you're being dishonest with your skillset. 

So, you really have to be an expert in what you do.  Don't start a gig, then aim to become an expert later on down the line,  as you will get caught out.

• Like 28
  • Up 4

41 minutes ago, breals said:

They will pick up on any error you make, especially if you're being dishonest with your skillset. 

So, you really have to be an expert in what you do.  Don't start a gig, then aim to become an expert later on down the line,  as you will get caught out.

I don't think you need to be an expert in every gig/service. There's room for gigs at different prices for different skill levels. If the seller isn't claiming in their gig that they're an expert at something then they shouldn't get caught out by not being expert in it. eg. a buyer might be okay with 'good enough' quality at $x than paying 3 or 4x for expert skill level for the same/approx same service.

Though if the seller puts a skill on their profile and Fiverr's bug puts "expert" at the end of it (which it still does), when the seller didn't enter that then the seller shouldn't be blamed for what Fiverr's system automatically did.

I think there should be a way to get better at an offered service without being 100% perfect at it from the very start really. And I don't think all buyers will expect 100% perfection from a newer gig.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 18

10 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I think there should be a way to get better at an offered service without being 100% perfect at it from the very start really. And I don't think all buyers will expect 100% perfection from a newer gig.

I think that's the issue.  In todays consumer market, the customer does expect 100% perfection, even for news sellers.  Also 100% doesn't just reflect the product. it also includes

1) Attitude / Professionalism

2) Communication

3) Abilty to take feedback

4) Innovation 

5) Honesty / Integrity

My original point was that there are so many new freelancers, that in the opening part of thier profile or gig description claim to be experts that let themsleves down at the first hurdle.  It would be better practice to hold off on publishing that first gig until they have read the forum, taken the Fiverr tests, and learned their trade until they became experts. 

When you search for Fiverr on Google - You see the screenshot below. So, 'in my opinion' you do need to be an expert from the outset to maintain the integrity of the platform. 

Screenshot 2024-09-11 165515.png

• Like 20
  • Up 1
  • Support 2

• Kesha featured this topic
26 minutes ago, phoebe_johnson said:

Only one thing- focus on building professional relations with your clients b going the extra mile and showing you care can turn one-time gigs into long-term working relations.

A wise advice and I do agree. Going an extra mile for genuine buyers who also appreciate your work can get you some long-term projects. 

• Like 14

DO NOT CAUSE ANY FRICTION WITH THE CLIENTS.

They hire you to “take the pain away”. They have a problem and, you are hired to solve it. So, avoid causing the client any type of suffering after they hire you.

I choose my words very carefully. This may seem odd but, it goes down to an existential level. Think about it.

As for the rest, I agree with the people above.

• Like 14
  • Up 1
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

They hire you to “take the pain away”. They have a problem and, you are hired to solve it.

+💯

And, if you sense the friction (in a spidey way) beforehand, then avoid working with them. 

Being the problem solver or solution provider is always in vogue & demand. 

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, sunboatrecords said:

They hire you to “take the pain away”. They have a problem and, you are hired to solve it. So, avoid causing the client any type of suffering after they hire you.

I choose my words very carefully. This may seem odd but, it goes down to an existential level. Think about it.

As for the rest, I agree with the people above.

I also agree

• Like 12

On 9/11/2024 at 8:53 PM, breals said:

'Deliver exactly what your gig says you're going to do. '

Don't take any shortcuts, because your customers are more savvy than you know.  They will pick up on any error you make, especially if you're being dishonest with your skillset. 

Indeed! That's important. 

• Like 12

On 9/11/2024 at 8:02 PM, Kesha said:

Calling all the seasoned Fiverr pros! Based on your experience on the platform, what’s one piece of advice you’d give to fellow users, whether a seller or buyer, who want to level up their Fiverr game?

Drop your wisdom below! 

as per mine share your gig on social media 

• Like 12
  • Facepalm 1

- Always respect the Terms of Service and Community Standards. It's so underrated but if you want stay on this journey for long, this is the most important rule. 

- Do everything possible within your power to offer the best quality services and always go beyond expectations. Under promise and over deliver. 

- Patience and consistency. It's like wine. The older your gig, the more earnings you make. So ensure you do everything possible to stay here for long. 

• Like 11
  • Up 1